Thread: KC Star : Haley's timing off on firing

Default KC Star : Haley's timing off on firing

We know that 22 guys off the street can win two regular-season NFL games. What we don’t know is how many coaches it takes to win one NFL exhibition in Kansas City.

More...

Haley takes over the offense and puts McIntosh back with the first unit. WTF, nothing like going backwards.

The fireing was bad timeing. This might have been better for the chiefs to just get throught this season then make the change. Its going to be a tough season for the chiefs no matter who the OC is.

I'd rather that Haley do it now than later this year.. The sooner he gets it like he wants it, the sooner we can move forward with "the new chiefs".

Besides in my mind Haley is a bit of a quiet superstar when it comes to play calling and making adjustments. I've watched a few of Arizona's games from last year, and obviously the superbowl.
    They made it to the superbowl with a mediocre D (they did improve massively in the offseason though), and a pretty one dimensional offense (Arizona's "Luftwaffe" if you will :P)
    Yet they still managed to beat some of the best defences out there..

One thing immediately springs to mind, the "resurrection" of Fitzgerald in the superbowl. He was completely non-existant the entire first half. The halftime corrections that Haley dished out clearly worked, and got their offense rolling again.
    I specifically remember Haley talking (very animated) to Fitzgerald about something (im guessing he saw a chink in the steel armor), and on the very next play Fitzgerald splits Pittsburgs D down the middle for a huge gain.

Chan Gailey is a very good coach, he showed that last year, he had grapes yet he still made limonade.
    He is however quite conservative, where Haley is very aggressive. This is probably why Herm (also very conservative) hired him.

Our new defence is going to be alot more aggressive, because that is how Haley likes it, so why shouldn't our offense be so too.
    That doesn't mean we have the talent or weapons to do it perfectly at this point in time. But why put off until tomorrow what you can do today?

My biggest concern is that Haley can't handle it all, and burns out or something.. But he has a lot of experience around him, so I think it will work out.

Man what a wall of text that became.. :)

Go Chiefs!
    Last edited by brish; 09-01-2009 at 01:20 PM. Reason: mistypes