Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Thigpen Has Been Playing With Two Broken Ribs!

Default Thigpen Has Been Playing With Two Broken Ribs!

Agent: Kansas City Chiefs QB Tyler Thigpen Playing with Two Broken*Ribs - Arrowhead Pride

Agent: Kansas City Chiefs QB Tyler Thigpen Playing with Two Broken Ribs

If the internet breaks today, it's because every one was on Arrowhead Pride.
    In the busiest day of Kansas City Chiefs news that I can remember, an ESPN report from Bill Williamson updates us on Chiefs' quarterback injuries.

Except this time, it's Tyler Thigpen, not Matt Cassel, who has been injured. Thigpen apparently broke two ribs in the Chiefs first preseason game against the Houston Texans:
    Joel Turner, the agent for Kansas City quarterback Tyler Thigpen, said his client is playing with two broken ribs, which Turner says Thigpen suffered in the first preseason game. Thigpen did not play in the second preseason game, but he did play in the third one, spelling Cassel after he was hurt on the third play of the game against Seattle.
    "Tyler is a tough guy," Turner said. "He's fighting through this injury like nothing happened. People just don't know how tough Tyler is."
    Well I have to say I guess I didn't know how tough Tyler Thigpen was. This explains his absence in the Chiefs second preseason game.
    The rumors of Thigpen's broken ribs were afoot on Arrowhead Pride early this morning. I didn't hear it but apparently a commenter mentioned that Thigpen's agent Joel Turner mentioned something about the broken ribs this morning on 610 Sports Nick Wright's show.
    Two broken ribs and you're a quarterback? This changes how I feel about Tyler Thigpen's performance on Saturday. Broken ribs definitely affect how a QB plays and it appears now, with this knowledge, that Thigpen was hurting on Saturday.
    What. A. Day.
    So, AP readers. Do these broken ribs change how you feel about Tyler Thigpen? Are we a bit more patient with him now?
    I know I am. I secretly have to admit that I felt guilty advocating Brodie Croyle over Thigpen to start in place of Matt Cassel (And I hope long time AP commenter and Thigpen fanboy MAWK, now Ridiculous Matt, will forgive me).

Wow, this guy gets more likeable every chance he gets. Anyway, It looks like Brodie is starting week 1, if Cassel is not available. Thanks alot O-line! we are down to the most fragile QB in the league now beacuse you idiots can't keep anybody upright.

CLICK HERE! FOR MY TWITTER PAGE

Well, this certainly would explain his seeming decline in performance.
    Last edited by Chiefster; 09-01-2009 at 02:49 AM.

The kid is tough!! That would explain his poor performance.

Broken ribs usually take awhile to heal up and aren't fun to deal with. This just confirms what I've already known and that's that Thigpen is a tough kid who gives it his all and does whatever he can to help his team win games. We should do whatever we can to keep him on our team. He's way better than Brokie will ever be.

How funny is this. Our healthiest QB is Brodie Croyle!

Well maybe if we had an OL worth a pile of dog crap, maybe these Qb's we have wouldn't be playing hurt and look just a little bit better.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Quote Originally Posted by yashi View Post
    that is kind of funny if you think about it. This probley does explain the play of thigpen. Hes a better QB then what we have seen this preseaon. This news probley does mean that thigpen will be a chief this year. I dont see anyone realy giveing up much for him given this news.

betwwen lost and nowhere,southcentral ks.

he did seem to stay in the pocket more saturday than taking off running. but he never did seem like a great passer anyways. Brodie is a passer than Thigpen but cant stay healthy.
    i can remember what a chief super bowl team looks like! ......

Quote Originally Posted by yashi View Post
    I don't think he dressed out last time.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Don't care what anyone says (you Jason Witlock) Thigpen gives us a chance to win more games.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast