Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: L.j. Keeper Or Problem

Default L.j. Keeper Or Problem

Ok I have read on this site and many others many chiefs fans bring up the idea of tradeing Larry Johson. I myself have at times said that I think that it might be best off for the chiefs if they got rid of L.J. Now that being said I have been seeing diffrent things from him lately. I know that on the field his preformace has not been outstanding. That can in at least part be put on the O line but off the field I think that there has been some good signs.

1st from what has been said publicly about him he has come in with a just shut up and work attitude. This is what I like to see in a football player. As long as he has this attitude going i think that any football team would benifit have Larry Johson on there football team. Theres no doubt that Larry can be a good running back if not a great one. As long as he is keeping his mouth shut and working there is not much of a downside haveing him on a team. Now the question is how long will he keep it up for. Has he realy changed or is this just a short lived thing. Time will tell

2nd the weight issue. Larry came in slimmer to the offseason. To me this shows something. Yes he is a pro football player and it should not be a big deal that he is in shape. But in the past we have seen Larry basicly quit on a team if he was not happy. It at least shows that he is giveing the new managment a chance to show that they can turn this into a good football team. So the question is should we as fans give him anther chance? I cant say that I am all in favor of this,however i can not say i blame him for a lot of what happend in the last few years. I was never a real big fan of Herm Edwards and I belive he was alot of the problems that pleged the chiefs. This could get frustrating to anyone.

Larry Johson is a NFL RB i dont have any question about that. The question is this. Is he worth the headace that he can be at times. I say that it depends on the team around him. Given the right team that he can have sucess with I say yes he is. Hes had a few good years and even last year if you count that he did not play every game he had decent numbers with a team that realy had struggles running the football. So to the idea of tradeing L.J while i am not toatly opposed to the idea I have warmed up to the guy based on what has been said this offseason. Time will tell if he has realy changed or if this is just the honeymoon period with the new coaching staff and new Gm. Afterall He is getting paid alot of money to play for the chiefs and would probley not be paid as much as he is getting now to go somewere eles. But I think that with what has been seen out of him tradeing him might not be the answer. It may still end up being a happy marrige between Larry Johson and the chiefs. I for one hope that the case seeing hes still on the rostor. This might just be a make or break year for him. Time will tell. GO CHIEFS!!!!!!

he is not better then Charles IMO!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think it all is going to depend on whether he gets to put up the numbers he wants. Things might be different now that his money is no longer guaranteed, but I think Johnson is all about the money and his own ego. If he does not like he is going to put up a 1,000 yard season this year, then you will hear him starting to complain again.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

I think Charles is a better and certainly more complete running back, but I like having the 1-2 punch. I doubt LJ has much trade value as a 30 year old RB with 400 carry seasons under his belt.

Quote Originally Posted by yashi View Post
    I think Charles is a better and certainly more complete running back, but I like having the 1-2 punch. I doubt LJ has much trade value as a 30 year old RB with 400 carry seasons under his belt.
    Well we were trying to pawn off Thiggy who doesn't seem to have much value to anyone else. I don't see why we couldn't get a 4 round pick for him with conditionals.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Quote Originally Posted by honda522 View Post
    Well we were trying to pawn off Thiggy who doesn't seem to have much value to anyone else. I don't see why we couldn't get a 4 round pick for him with conditionals.
    We'd never be able to get a 4th rounder for him. We'd be lucky to get a 6th. LJ is worth more to our team than what we could get rid of him for. I still believe that he can contribute for our team so long as he stays focused and healthy. Also as far as Thiggy goes, he has a lot more trade value. RBs are a dime a dozen now adays. Every team seems to have depth at RB with the exception of maybe 1 or 2 teams. QBs on the otherhand are hard to find. Thigpen is young and athletic and has a lot of potential. Teams are willing to risk more for him than they would for a RB that's been banged up and hasn't played well these last couple of seasons. Especially when you consider all the off-field trouble this said RB has been in. The fact is there just isn't a market for a guy like LJ.
    Last edited by captainamerica; 09-01-2009 at 10:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by yashi View Post
    I think Charles is a better and certainly more complete running back...
    I feel the exact opposite. I feel like Charles is much like Reggie Bush: he is quick and can make people miss. I would never trust him in the redzone or short-yardage. LJ isnt as good in passing situations, but I would personally prefer a RB that can play every down and get the short yards over someone who cannot get the short yards.

Jamal Charles has nothing on LJ. Especially if there is blocking and structure. LJ is the prototype NFL back and JC is the prototype situational guy. LJ hasnt been used properly in 2-3 years and is a guy that can demoralize a defense over 4 quarters. The scheme the last few years was crap and I agreed with about 90% of what LJ said after games. The Chiefs practically wasted this guys career.

Why do you think that when Haley and Pioli took over this team, LJ was dealt with immediatly. They told him how valuable he was and that they were gonna win and thats all he had to hear. On Haleys 2nd press conference a reporter asked him about LJ and he said "all I see is a guy who gets 5 yards every time he touches the ball." He said that everybody will get a fresh start and that LJ will be a big factor with the Chiefs this year. If you guys watch or read Haleys press conference every day, (and he does have one every day) you would know that LJ would be one of the last people on this team to be traded and I like it like that.

CLICK HERE! FOR MY TWITTER PAGE

betwwen lost and nowhere,southcentral ks.

I still swear when LJ runs it looks like hes stuck in 2nd gear. No break-a-way speed. Remember watching preist and he`d hit an opening, you could see him excellerate to 5th gear. Same thing Charles. LJ looks like a 300 pound women running the 100 at times.
    i can remember what a chief super bowl team looks like! ......

Quote Originally Posted by wolfpack View Post
    I still swear when LJ runs it looks like hes stuck in 2nd gear. No break-a-way speed. Remember watching preist and he`d hit an opening, you could see him excellerate to 5th gear. Same thing Charles. LJ looks like a 300 pound women running the 100 at times.
    This is what I've been seeing also, since last season. LJ looks like Brandon Jacobs on the field lately, without the trucking ability. I really think he may be one of the 2-3 slowest starting backs in the league. I do like that he seems to be fighting for every single yard now though, which he didn't last year.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast