Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: L.j. Keeper Or Problem

Default L.j. Keeper Or Problem

Ok I have read on this site and many others many chiefs fans bring up the idea of tradeing Larry Johson. I myself have at times said that I think that it might be best off for the chiefs if they got rid of L.J. Now that being said I have been seeing diffrent things from him lately. I know that on the field his preformace has not been outstanding. That can in at least part be put on the O line but off the field I think that there has been some good signs.

1st from what has been said publicly about him he has come in with a just shut up and work attitude. This is what I like to see in a football player. As long as he has this attitude going i think that any football team would benifit have Larry Johson on there football team. Theres no doubt that Larry can be a good running back if not a great one. As long as he is keeping his mouth shut and working there is not much of a downside haveing him on a team. Now the question is how long will he keep it up for. Has he realy changed or is this just a short lived thing. Time will tell

2nd the weight issue. Larry came in slimmer to the offseason. To me this shows something. Yes he is a pro football player and it should not be a big deal that he is in shape. But in the past we have seen Larry basicly quit on a team if he was not happy. It at least shows that he is giveing the new managment a chance to show that they can turn this into a good football team. So the question is should we as fans give him anther chance? I cant say that I am all in favor of this,however i can not say i blame him for a lot of what happend in the last few years. I was never a real big fan of Herm Edwards and I belive he was alot of the problems that pleged the chiefs. This could get frustrating to anyone.

Larry Johson is a NFL RB i dont have any question about that. The question is this. Is he worth the headace that he can be at times. I say that it depends on the team around him. Given the right team that he can have sucess with I say yes he is. Hes had a few good years and even last year if you count that he did not play every game he had decent numbers with a team that realy had struggles running the football. So to the idea of tradeing L.J while i am not toatly opposed to the idea I have warmed up to the guy based on what has been said this offseason. Time will tell if he has realy changed or if this is just the honeymoon period with the new coaching staff and new Gm. Afterall He is getting paid alot of money to play for the chiefs and would probley not be paid as much as he is getting now to go somewere eles. But I think that with what has been seen out of him tradeing him might not be the answer. It may still end up being a happy marrige between Larry Johson and the chiefs. I for one hope that the case seeing hes still on the rostor. This might just be a make or break year for him. Time will tell. GO CHIEFS!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by captainamerica View Post
    The biggest change is Larry over the years was he stopped running with a chip on his shoulder. Remember the days when LJ would never go down on the first hit? Hell, he'd never go down on the 2nd and 3rd hits either. How I miss those days.
    I dont think that its fair to put that all on LJ. At the times he was breaking tackles the Chiefs still had one of the best o lines in the NFL. He had time to at least get going before he got hit. Thats a big diffrance from what you see at times now. Yes LJs attuide is probley part of the lack of sucess that he has had the past few years but IMO you also have to throw in the chiefs o line is down. I dont think any RB even gold old priest would have as much sucess as he did behind willie roaf will shields o line.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    I dont think that its fair to put that all on LJ. At the times he was breaking tackles the Chiefs still had one of the best o lines in the NFL. He had time to at least get going before he got hit. Thats a big diffrance from what you see at times now. Yes LJs attuide is probley part of the lack of sucess that he has had the past few years but IMO you also have to throw in the chiefs o line is down. I dont think any RB even gold old priest would have as much sucess as he did behind willie roaf will shields o line.

But the fact that LJ pretty much quit is what pissed me off. Blame the O line if u like, but the multi million dollar player who quit is gonna take a lot of criticism. The problem is that all of his problems stem from his attitude. I hope LJ returns to form, but I dont buy excused for LJs play. You want to be an elite RB then u bust your as$ on every play. Barry Sanders had a sh!t line and he seemed like a successful RB to me.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Keeper.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    But the fact that LJ pretty much quit is what pissed me off. Blame the O line if u like, but the multi million dollar player who quit is gonna take a lot of criticism. The problem is that all of his problems stem from his attitude. I hope LJ returns to form, but I dont buy excused for LJs play. You want to be an elite RB then u bust your as$ on every play. Barry Sanders had a sh!t line and he seemed like a successful RB to me.
    Seriously Canada? Barry Sanders? come on, Barry is arguably the greatest player of all time at any position and he wasnt a power back like LJ. If you look at the video I posted on the second page youll see that he runs with the exact same style now as he did when we had a great O-line. Larry starts slow and needs time to pick his hole and then hes gone. The past 2 years, we have not had sh!t for a line. I do not and will not believe that LJ quit.

CLICK HERE! FOR MY TWITTER PAGE

Barry was a hall of fame rb and his O line was not the best, there were times that he stuggled due to the o line. I am not Blameing the O line Ljs attitude is a BIG part of it. I am just saying that the O line is also part of it IMO. I dont think you can but it all on Lj

LJ used to twist and turn to pickup that few extra yards, he used to break tackle, after tackle, after tackle to get that first down. He used to play every down as if it were his last. He used to do all this and more right up until he got his big contract.

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    L.j. Keeper Or Problem

I'll let you know after the Baltimore game...
    a) Baltimore is not a fair assessment of any RB...

b) if Cassel doesn't play you'll have to wait...as the other QBS won't demand the respect he will by pulling the safeties out of the box.

I say give LJ 2-3 weeks and see where he's at...if he's had 2 good games, and Baltimore is 55-75 yards, then the problem isn't him.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

LJ's problem has been his attitude on and off the field.

The O-lines problem has been that they stink the place up.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Daddy Tek View Post
    LJ has always ran the same. When the run stops before the line of scrimmage, you guys start lookin for reasons. He has long strides, he always has. Even when he ran for 1700 yards, it was with those long strides that look slow. You say he runs into blockers, but you also say he doesnt hit the hole fast enough. If there was a hole, he wouldnt have to run into blockers. Ive listened to Chiefs fans say this crap about Larry for years and its just ignorant.

Watch this video with LJ running behind a real line. SAME stutter step, SAME long strides, SAME LJ that looks like he's in slow motion. Especially pay attention to the run against the cowboys at about 11 seconds. If he ran this exact play at that exact speed two years later and didnt score, you guys would say he wasnt running hard. Pull your heads out!

Im glad someone actually agrees with me. People say that he played like crap last year, but they ignore his numbers. Yeah, he used to break 1 or 2 tackles on every play. Problem is those were usually defensive backs because the Oline took out the DL and LBs. It is a lot easier to break a 200lb DB's tackle when you are running full speed than to break a tackle from a 300 lb DL or 260 lb LB who hits you in the backfield.

This!!!!!!!!!! Larry Johnson's attitude is what pisses people off. his running skills are probably the same but when you have a piss poor attitude no one will like you.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast