Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Preseason letdown LONG SEASON AHEAD A depressed chiefs fan's rant

Default Preseason letdown LONG SEASON AHEAD A depressed chiefs fan's rant

:'( This is anther one that hurts even if it is just preseason. This is a team that the Chiefs SHOULD HAVE won against. Penaltys and once again HORRIBLE O line play is what coast the chiefs this game. None of the Chiefs QBs that played had time to throw constently. It was at times like there was no O line for the chiefs. Thigpen played his way off the team that was hard to watch. It was a game that realy showed this is going to be anther tought season to be a Chiefs fan. I no that there will be some that say that the Chiefs starting lineup beat the rams but in football you are only as good as your worst player and that is not good for the Chiefs. The D play on 3rd down has to improve and it has not just been the backups that have been giveing up 1st downs. Bottom line is that the Chiefs LOST all 4 games. That is not a good sign for any team. Yes i no there have been superbowl winning teams that went 0-4 in the preseason but i dont think they were as young of teams as the Chiefs currently are. Thats the diffrance between the current chiefs and those teams. Those teams did not do things that lost games that they should have won and i doubt that they played there starters as much as the chiefs did. I mean Derrick Johson was on the field in the 4th quater tonight. So it is a HUGE letdown for the chiefs to go 0-4 in the preseason. However there are some things that are postive for the chiefs. A. The D has gotten to the QB consitantly something that was historicly bad a year ago. That has to be a good sign for the chiefs for the season. B coaching this season does not seem to be part of the loseing. Last year when the chiefs lost you could point to many horrible decisons by a lame football head coach. Sure you can point at one or to play calls that left you scratching your head in these 4 games you have that with every team that losses on any given day but there are no terrible timeouts called. LIke last seasons at the end of the tampa game for example. So all in all i am not down on the coaching of this team at all. But it will take some big moves for thec chiefs to get there problems fixed. With the O line looking as bad as it has thats not something thats going to go away. Bottom line is the Chiefs are a loseing team right now. Some fans think the chiefs are going to contend in the divison i think they can be competive in games. But its going to be a LONG years for chiefs fans i fear. Hopefuly though this is the last one that we have to endure and more hopeful that i am wrong on thid and the chiefs can find some way to get better for the season. I am going to say the chiefs will go 4-7 wins this season. Hopefuly more but after seeing this team for 4 games i got to say that This team has issures that are not good issues to have. We will see if Scoo Pioli can work any magic or not and see who gets cut and who gets signed. But if the preseason is any indecator this is going to be one tough season. GO CHIEFS!!!!

I think Pioli is waiting on the waiver wire like a fat trout in a stream, just waiting for something decent to float by. The problem is that some bad things float!

I really liked what Haley did with the starting Offense tonight. Same for Clancy and the D. I think we need Matt Cassell more than any of us realized. Brodie mis-fired on three touchdown passes, two to DBowe and one to Lawrence.

For us to win, we are really gonna have to jump on some teams. I think that Haley's gameplanning can do that, like you saw tonight. But we cannot have those penalties in the red zone that turn those touchdowns into field goals.

Its very hard for me to picture a win against Baltimore next sunday, especially without Cassell!

CLICK HERE! FOR MY TWITTER PAGE

Deja vu

I liked what I saw from certain players tonight. Morgan earned a job tonight in my opinion; Lelie is continuing to look good, DJ has improved, our pass blocking is still piss poor, but our run blocking at least is looking better. LJ gave a great effort tonight and Dantrelle Savage probable earned a roster spot as well. It's tough to lose, but this is only preseason. Let's give this team a few weeks to prove themselves, before we just up and abandon them or give up all hope.

Its going to be a long road to recovery IMO. It's like having your house flooded, and then trying to repair the house by yourself. Its a big mess, and it takes time.

Of course I think improving the OL will help greatly.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Quote Originally Posted by honda522 View Post
    Its going to be a long road to recovery IMO. It's like having your house flooded, and then trying to repair the house by yourself. Its a big mess, and it takes time.

Of course I think improving the OL will help greatly.
    Hey this is something Canada knows about!!!

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Quote Originally Posted by AkChief49 View Post
    I think Pioli is waiting on the waiver wire like a fat trout in a stream, just waiting for something decent to float by. The problem is that some bad things float!
    \

Yeah Crap lol

The original post certainly was a rant- I quit reading very early on. Break that thing into some paragraphs, dude!

I missed this game, but then... it doesn't sound like it was worth watching for me. Now it's time for the regular season- let's get it together and win some games!

jb

Our offense just needs to put points on the board, but we can't do that when our line can't block.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast