Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Chiefs blitz

Default Chiefs blitz

Chiefs blitz

When Dolphins QB John Beck dived and scored the go-ahead, two-point conversion in the fourth quarter, the Chiefs’ night just got worse.

Big highlight
    So that’s what a touchdown drive looks like. Some nice throws by Brodie Croyle, nice catches by Michael Allan, Samie Parker, Jeff Webb and Chris Hannon. Why can’t it always be so easy?

Big lowlight
    Croyle said last week he swore off the dumb passes. Wonder how he will explain the end-zone interception?

Disastrous night
    It would have been nice to see Justin Medlock follow his almost-game winner last week in Cleveland with another successful attempt. But his first-quarter try from 42 yards was wide left, and his 37-yarder on the first play of the fourth period hit an upright and bounced back.

What we learned
    The Chiefs need more work on their tackling. We already knew that about Jarrad Page, but what about Derrick Johnson?

Injury update
    Tyron Brackenridge suffered a triceps injury.
    Next question

Drew Brees, Reggie Bush and the rest of the high-scoring Saints come to Arrowhead Stadium next week. Are the defensive Chiefs up to that challenge?
    The hot seat

If he’s basing it largely on the results of preseason games, Herm Edwards has a difficult decision. Croyle moved the team once for a touchdown, but otherwise turned it over for a second time on Thursday. Damon Huard again showed nothing. This is the kind of thing that keeps head coaches up at night.

Fantasy watch
    Up: Croyle threw for 82 yards and the touchdown.
    Down: Michael Bennett had just 8 yards in seven carries.
    THAT quarterback is NOT a Pro Bowl quarterback. Never was and never will be.

[quote=Guru;16971]Chiefs blitz

When Dolphins QB John Beck dived and scored the go-ahead, two-point conversion in the fourth quarter, the Chiefs’ night just got worse.

If he’s basing it largely on the results of preseason games, Herm Edwards has a difficult decision. Croyle moved the team once for a touchdown, but otherwise turned it over for a second time on Thursday. Damon Huard again showed nothing. This is the kind of thing that keeps head coaches up at night.

He never really got to throw much tonite.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

I didn't get to see the first half; watched the son practice - first day in full pads. But, from what I hear Huard was Horrid.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    I didn't get to see the first half; watched the son practice - first day in full pads. But, from what I hear Huard was Horrid.
    It wasn't completely Huard's fault. A QB can't show what he can do if all the plays he gets to play are all handoffs.
    <a href=http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5893/dthomassp2.jpg target=_blank>http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5893/dthomassp2.jpg</a>

Official thread killer I have heard.

Quote Originally Posted by sling58 View Post
    It wasn't completely Huard's fault. A QB can't show what he can do if all the plays he gets to play are all handoffs.

The "quarterback competition" looks rigged. Huard had no chance, while the play-calling was bold, for Croyle. I think Herm is cheating and trying to give a false confidence to Croyle. Bad idea.

Also, Did anyone notice that the two-point conversion, to win the game, was a failed attempt? He was short by a full yard.

I saw that before it went to replay and things were pretty blurry by that point
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada's #1 Chiefs Fan View Post
    I saw that before it went to replay and things were pretty blurry by that point
    your tv was blurry too? I thought it was just me.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    The "quarterback competition" looks rigged. Huard had no chance, while the play-calling was bold, for Croyle. I think Herm is cheating and trying to give a false confidence to Croyle. Bad idea.

Also, Did anyone notice that the two-point conversion, to win the game, was a failed attempt? He was short by a full yard.
    His knee was down, but no one touched him until he was inches away. Still not good, though.

You want to see Huard pass more? He needs to start connecting and stop overthrowing. Or at least not wait until after he's three yards past the LOS. He couldn't even complete that short toss either.
    Everything happens for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by sling58 View Post
    Huard played with the first string players last night.
    THAT quarterback is NOT a Pro Bowl quarterback. Never was and never will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Guru View Post
    Huard played with the first string players last night.
    Yeah, where he was allowed five passing attempts, to Croyles eleven. preseason total...Croyle 19 attempts...Huard 9 attempts.

Croyle is getting more than double the opportunity. Herm had his mind made up, before the "competition" started. I find it to be closed-minded.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast