Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 4 QBs? What's going on?

Default 4 QBs? What's going on?

Injured Cassel, Croyle, Thigpen and Gutierrez. What does Haley really have up his sleeve?

We'll be trading Thigpen (probably).

Since Small Brained (Haley) failed to address the offensive line this season, I figure they are planning on the fact that they are going to need to keep rotating QBs in and out all season as they are going to be all broken up.

Seriously, there is no other reason aside from a trade, but who are you going to trade? Thigpen is not worth all that much, Gutierrez Who? Brokie Croyle is nothing. The only one worth anything is Cassell but we pretty much blew any trade ideas with him when we gave him that huge contract.

No, I think we should all be ready for the bullpen again this year. Cassell will be the starter, Croyle will be middle relief and Thigpen will be the closer. The other guy will be a bench warmer for those rainy days.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Pick up Brohm, trade Cassel to Denver for Marshall, release Croyle and Thigpen and keep grab someone to get us through the season to make sure we get a top 10 pick to get Jevon Snead...

Problem solved.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    Pick up Brohm, trade Cassel to Denver for Marshall, release Croyle and Thigpen and keep grab someone to get us through the season to make sure we get a top 10 pick to get Jevon Snead...

Problem solved.

Trade Cassel for Marshall, are you out of your mind, or are you drunk?

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    Since Small Brained (Haley) failed to address the offensive line this season, I figure they are planning on the fact that they are going to need to keep rotating QBs in and out all season as they are going to be all broken up.

Seriously, there is no other reason aside from a trade, but who are you going to trade? Thigpen is not worth all that much, Gutierrez Who? Brokie Croyle is nothing. The only one worth anything is Cassell but we pretty much blew any trade ideas with him when we gave him that huge contract.

No, I think we should all be ready for the bullpen again this year. Cassell will be the starter, Croyle will be middle relief and Thigpen will be the closer. The other guy will be a bench warmer for those rainy days.
    Jacksonville will give us a 5th to 6th rounder for Thigpen. That's the only reason he hasn't been cut.

I mean this nicely, but if you are already turning on the new GM/HC because they cut players from a 2-14 roster and because they put stopping the run at the top of their draft priority list over RT, then you are the definition of a bandwagon fan. I mean, wait for a regular season game before throwing coaches or players under the bus.

And we drafted, signed, or traded for at least four OL who were intended to b starters/key backups(Goff, Brown, Alleman, and Ndukwe). Will they work out? I dunno. But you can't say nothing's been done.

Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post
    Jacksonville will give us a 5th to 6th rounder for Thigpen. That's the only reason he hasn't been cut.

I mean this nicely, but if you are already turning on the new GM/HC because they cut players from a 2-14 roster and because they put stopping the run at the top of their draft priority list over RT, then you are the definition of a bandwagon fan. I mean, wait for a regular season game before throwing coaches or players under the bus.

And we drafted, signed, or traded for at least four OL who were intended to b starters/key backups(Goff, Brown, Alleman, and Ndukwe). Will they work out? I dunno. But you can't say nothing's been done.
    I seriously doubt any team would trade for Thigpen right now. He played terrible against 2nd teamers and a lot of guys who are now on waivers Thursday. Every pass made from under center was way off. He has no value to teams who don't run mostly out of the shotgun.

Quote Originally Posted by yashi View Post
    I seriously doubt any team would trade for Thigpen right now. He played terrible against 2nd teamers and a lot of guys who are now on waivers Thursday. Every pass made from under center was way off. He has no value to teams who don't run mostly out of the shotgun.
    I know this is bad logic, but I think that if we couldn't trade Thigpen, then we probably wouldn't have kept him.

We'll find out soon enough, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post

Gutierrez who? At one point the Patriots considered Gutierrez and Cassel even. Something happened behind the scenes that gave Cassel the upper hand and that same season Brady got hurt and Cassel went from a bench warmer to start and later a very desired quarterback. Now the Pats are in a QB crisis and are in desperate need of backups with knowledge of their system. Gutierrez is definitely more valueable than you think.

Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post

they better hurry because the Bucs just traded McCown to them ----Bucs trade Luke McCown to Jacksonville
    Posted by Mike Florio on September 5, 2009 9:58 PM ET
    Last year, the decision of Brett Favre to play for the Jets caused the Jets to cut Chad Pennington. Which in turn caused the Dolphins to sign Pennington. Which in turn caused the Dolphins to trade quarterback Josh McCown, who had received a $2.5 million roster bonus as part of a new offseason deal, to the Panthers.

This year, the other McCown brother, Luke, received a $2.5 million signing bonus to stay with the Buccaneers. But after Byron Leftwich acquired as what initially was believed to be a smokescreen to make other teams think the Bucs wouldn't draft Josh Freeman, Leftwich won the starting job, and Freeman is the future.

And so the Bucs didn't need Luke McCown.

As a result, McCown has been traded to the Jaguars for an undisclosed draft pick, the Buccaneers have announced.

The Jaguars were believed to be looking for depth at quarterback, and the Bucs were believed to be wishing/hoping/praying that someone would call them regarding one of their four quarterbacks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast