Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Chiefs shopping SS Bernard Pollard

Default Chiefs shopping SS Bernard Pollard

Biggs: Chiefs exploring trade options with Pollard | National Football Post

The Kansas City Chiefs are exploring options to trade strong safety Bernard Pollard, a move that would create an opening for veteran Mike Brown to move into the starting lineup, sources said.

The 24-year-old Pollard, a fourth-year pro from Purdue, has made 31 starts the last two seasons. He had 98 tackles and one interception last season. But Brown was signed in late June to push both Pollard and free safety Jarrad Page.

“The defensive backfield as a whole, I think, there’s excellent competition,’’ Haley said late last month when asked if Brown had pushed Pollard for the job. “I don’t think there’s anybody who feels real comfortable. Mike’s one of the reasons for that but I think that’s the way it is across the board there. Those guys know there is somebody right behind them that could be playing just as well as them. That’s how you get your team good.”

Brown spent the last nine seasons with the Chicago Bears but has been injury plagued since 2004. He held it together to start 15 games last season, but had to leave three games early down the stretch with a recurring calf muscle pull and finally missed the finale. He is an instinctive player and made 101 tackles last season, the third-highest total in his career.
    I'm really surprised at this.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    I am going to be one very upset individual and my confidence in this current administration to be able to make decisions will be shaken. I am already not all that impressed with Haley, he has made some dumb moves already since he has been here and my confidence level with him is already low.

Trade away one of the best players we had on defense last year, if not the best player and it will be really upsetting.
    Haley has released Gailey only to prove he cant do better against a worse Rams Defense.

Haley is going down very rapidly IMO. And if Pioli is part of this then im not impressed with him either.

You keep the players worth keep on your team.

Quote Originally Posted by Sn@keIze View Post
    Haley has released Gailey only to prove he cant do better against a worse Rams Defense.

Haley is going down very rapidly IMO. And if Pioli is part of this then im not impressed with him either.

Seriously? Come on- we're not even in the first @#% regular season for Haley. "Going down very rapidly"? Give me a break- who thought this would be a team we could get totally fixed by the end of the first pre-season?

Pollard, unless I'm mistaken, hasn't been sent anywhere, and this is a rumor. Given the people that have been cut so far, I'd say Pioli and Haley are following your recipe of keeping the players on the team that are worth keeping.

Seems a bit early to start the "I hate Haley" nonsense.

jb

maybe they are shopping for a new offensive lineman

i would be for trading pollard if we can get some good value for him....anything less than a 4th rounder and i would veto that one though...i think Brown and McGraw are two good backups...im not so sure about Brown starting though, he is slow and looks washed up from the little i have seen since we have had him...

I dont really know why everyone loves Pollard so much, he made a lot of tackles last year, only because our front 7 was nonexistent....he hasnt shown the ability to cover....ever. his strength is hitting hard, and he often doesnt wrap up and show good tackle technique...having said that, he is a fine backup safety, and i think Morgan is more athletic, and has way better ball/coverage skills....so with a little coaching and experience, i think he could be a starting SS...how many times have we seen Pollard get beat deep? Too many...way too many...

Hilarious post. Im assuming that you didnt watch the game last night, because the first stringers did what ever they wanted to with the ball. 4 plays over 40 yards last night. Chan didnt have one over 40 yards the entire pre-season and Chan had Matt Cassell.

Second of all, Why is everybody so in love with frickin Bernard Pollard? Another guy that the fans love, but was just not that loved by the coaches. You and everybody else love him because he hits hard, but he's not good in coverage, he's not fast, he misses way more tackles than the fans ever mention (usually because of not wrapping up.)

Dont get me wrong, I like Bernard, but not enough to hold it against the GM of the Decade if he's traded. Especially if he is included in a package for a Right Tackle. Remember, to get good players, you have to trade good players. Maybe Pioli feels that we are deep enough at Safety that we could lose one and remain just as good, while making another position better! Ever thought of that?

Before I go...... Haley is going down fast? He officially hasn't even coached a Kansas City Chiefs game yet. Slow it down there Tonto!

P.S. I told you guys all along that Mike Brown wasn't here to take Jared Page's place. (J.M.) He was signed to push Pollard.

CLICK HERE! FOR MY TWITTER PAGE

Woahhhhh, woah, woah, I almost always agree with your posts, but this is, by far, your worst one. Like Tek said, did you even watch the game? Our offense moved the ball down the field easily, and the starters were hardly even in the game! Does anyone even pay attention to that? Haley mixed up the plays on offense beautifully and put our offense in a position to score THREE FREAKING TIMES! What else is he supposed to do? Go out on the field, hold hands with them, and walk them into the end-zone? You've got to be kidding me.

Also, Pollard stinks, period. I'm still trying to figure out what people see in him. He runs horrible routes in trying to cut off other peoples' routes to the ball, and stinks at timing the tackle while the ball hits the receivers hands. He simply can't cover, period. Wanna get into something else about Pollard? See the Vikings game where he tries to kill someone, only to merely bounce off him for yet another missed tackle on his resume. Quality player......yeah sure.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by josh1971 View Post
    Seriously? Come on- we're not even in the first @#% regular season for Haley. "Going down very rapidly"? Give me a break- who thought this would be a team we could get totally fixed by the end of the first pre-season?

Pollard, unless I'm mistaken, hasn't been sent anywhere, and this is a rumor. Given the people that have been cut so far, I'd say Pioli and Haley are following your recipe of keeping the players on the team that are worth keeping.

Seems a bit early to start the "I hate Haley" nonsense.

jb
    Our worst problem isnt even on offense, it our pass rush and now he wants to take over callin the plays? I want to know how this offensive mind plans on fixin the worst pass rush in NFL history. And now that hes taking over offensive play calling, he is even more pre occupied.

And yes it is a bit early to start the "I hate Haley" nonsense. Just as ridicoulous as it is to say "I like Haley".

But as it stands now. He has gotten nothing but losing thus far.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Daddy Tek View Post
    Hilarious post. Im assuming that you didnt watch the game last night, because the first stringers did what ever they wanted to with the ball. Does that include getting a TD. Because if I was going to do whatever I wanted i would make a drive that resulted in a TD. But thats just me. I guess the starter didnt want to do that.4 plays over 40 yards last night. Chan didnt have one over 40 yards the entire pre-season and Chan had Matt Cassell.

Second of all, Why is everybody so in love with frickin Bernard Pollard
    ? Another guy that the fans love, but was just not that loved by the coaches. You and everybody else love him because he hits hard, but he's not good in coverage, he's not fast, he misses way more tackles than the fans ever mention (usually because of not wrapping up.)

P.S. I told you guys all along that Mike Brown wasn't here to take Jared Page's place. (J.M.) He was signed to push Pollard.
    Not that good in coverage?

What is a DBs best friend?......(Answer!)= A good pass rush! And we had the worst in NFL history! He was doing the LBs job more than half the time.

And I agree with you that Brown is here to push Pollard. Pollard is a special player. And just like Page we went through a lot of growing pains to develop him. If we trade him or get rid of him Im going to be severely pissed!

Illinois... No longer .. Finally back home Blue Springs MO

Quote Originally Posted by Big Daddy Tek View Post
    Hilarious post. Im assuming that you didnt watch the game last night, because the first stringers did what ever they wanted to with the ball. 4 plays over 40 yards last night. Chan didnt have one over 40 yards the entire pre-season and Chan had Matt Cassell.

Second of all, Why is everybody so in love with frickin Bernard Pollard? Another guy that the fans love, but was just not that loved by the coaches. You and everybody else love him because he hits hard, but he's not good in coverage, he's not fast, he misses way more tackles than the fans ever mention (usually because of not wrapping up.)

Dont get me wrong, I like Bernard, but not enough to hold it against the GM of the Decade if he's traded. Especially if he is included in a package for a Right Tackle. Remember, to get good players, you have to trade good players. Maybe Pioli feels that we are deep enough at Safety that we could lose one and remain just as good, while making another position better! Ever thought of that?

Before I go...... Haley is going down fast? He officially hasn't even coached a Kansas City Chiefs game yet. Slow it down there Tonto!

I did watch the game, actually went to the game. You don't see everything on TV, while I thought Haley did a very good job with the playcalling, with the coaching up of players while we were on defense. I really like Haley and Pioli, in fact the only thing that may bother me is if we have to release Thiggy and get nothing when we could have had a 5th. ..

Back to my rant about the game, when watching on TV you don't see everything, and some things you see better, but from my viewpoint and what I saw, our first team was HORRENDOUS against the Rams, I put a small part of it on the O-Line (both current and past) but the majority of the blame I lay solely on Mr Brokie Croyle, by the time Thigpen came in the entire first 6 rows of Chiefs fans were sick and tired of yelling Brodie what the he!! was that, and Come On Brodie try to get it TO the receiver not 5 or 10 yards past. Brodie was HORRIBLE and even though he has a heck of an arm, had no touch and little to no control. BUT that was only one game.

Again this is my observation.

Quote Originally Posted by Three7s View Post
    Also, Pollard stinks, period. I'm still trying to figure out what people see in him. He runs horrible routes in trying to cut off other peoples' routes to the ball, and stinks at timing the tackle while the ball hits the receivers hands. He simply can't cover, period..
    Pollard does not stink!

He is working with what hes got.

The tackles you see Pollard missing are the ones that shouldnt have even gotten past teh first and 2nd level.

I am not in favor of this and vote NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast