Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Chiefs shopping SS Bernard Pollard

Default Chiefs shopping SS Bernard Pollard

Biggs: Chiefs exploring trade options with Pollard | National Football Post

The Kansas City Chiefs are exploring options to trade strong safety Bernard Pollard, a move that would create an opening for veteran Mike Brown to move into the starting lineup, sources said.

The 24-year-old Pollard, a fourth-year pro from Purdue, has made 31 starts the last two seasons. He had 98 tackles and one interception last season. But Brown was signed in late June to push both Pollard and free safety Jarrad Page.

“The defensive backfield as a whole, I think, there’s excellent competition,’’ Haley said late last month when asked if Brown had pushed Pollard for the job. “I don’t think there’s anybody who feels real comfortable. Mike’s one of the reasons for that but I think that’s the way it is across the board there. Those guys know there is somebody right behind them that could be playing just as well as them. That’s how you get your team good.”

Brown spent the last nine seasons with the Chicago Bears but has been injury plagued since 2004. He held it together to start 15 games last season, but had to leave three games early down the stretch with a recurring calf muscle pull and finally missed the finale. He is an instinctive player and made 101 tackles last season, the third-highest total in his career.
    I'm really surprised at this.

Since we traded TG I really could care who else we send packin as long as we get WINS!

Quote Originally Posted by Sn@keIze View Post
    Our worst problem isnt even on offense, it our pass rush and now he wants to take over callin the plays? I want to know how this offensive mind plans on fixin the worst pass rush in NFL history. And now that hes taking over offensive play calling, he is even more pre occupied.

And yes it is a bit early to start the "I hate Haley" nonsense. Just as ridicoulous as it is to say "I like Haley".

But as it stands now. He has gotten nothing but losing thus far.

Not that good in coverage?

What is a DBs best friend?......(Answer!)= A good pass rush! And we had the worst in NFL history! He was doing the LBs job more than half the time.

And I agree with you that Brown is here to push Pollard. Pollard is a special player. And just like Page we went through a lot of growing pains to develop him. If we trade him or get rid of him Im going to be severely pissed!
    I would agree with you if this was last year about the pass rush, but you have to admit, our pass rush looks much better. I think we've gotten 4 sacks, I don't know what else you could ask for.......
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

who said he was slow??? if i remember correctly because i was there (last year) he ran down darren mcfadden from behind.. Hes a pretty fast guy imo.. Its soo funny reading posts on here sometimes.. People were "fire herm" blah blah blah and we get a new coach with an attitude that i personally like and hasnt even coached a regular season game and ppl are already throwing him under the bus... Sorry guys Bill Cowher isnt coming here anytime soon.. give the guy a freaking chance and enjoy some CHIEFS football for crying out loud!!!!!!

Pollard does not stink!

He is working with what hes got.

The tackles you see Pollard missing are the ones that shouldnt have even gotten past teh first and 2nd level.
    Quote Originally Posted by Three7s View Post

Also, Pollard stinks, period. I'm still trying to figure out what people see in him. He runs horrible routes in trying to cut off other peoples' routes to the ball, and stinks at timing the tackle while the ball hits the receivers hands. He simply can't cover, period. Wanna get into something else about Pollard? See the Vikings game where he tries to kill someone, only to merely bounce off him for yet another missed tackle on his resume. Quality player......yeah sure.
    First off, Pollard aint a CB, he is a saftey.
    Second of all safties don't cover, they zone.
    Third of all have you seen any of pollards hits? I think he way better at playing on Special teams.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJKdpsZi_10"]YouTube - Bernard Pollard Bodyslam (Better Quality)[/ame]

Mike Brown looked like he sucked this year so far.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Haley has released Gailey only to prove he cant do better against a worse Rams Defense.

Haley is going down very rapidly IMO. And if Pioli is part of this then im not impressed with him either.

You keep the players worth keep on your team.
    Don't open your mouth until your done chewing. Wait till a couple of games before you say anything about the coaching.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

lol if you scroll over two videos it shows one of him getting lit up by a donkeys running back... lol.. i like him though

Quote Originally Posted by garciakcfan View Post
    lol if you scroll over two videos it shows one of him getting lit up by a donkeys running back... lol.. i like him though
    Its cause the Pollard was standing straight up. To make a hit, you have GET LOW.

Quote Originally Posted by garciakcfan View Post
    who said he was slow??? if i remember correctly because i was there (last year) he ran down darren mcfadden from behind.. Hes a pretty fast guy imo.. Its soo funny reading posts on here sometimes.. People were "fire herm" blah blah blah and we get a new coach with an attitude that i personally like and hasnt even coached a regular season game and ppl are already throwing him under the bus... Sorry guys Bill Cowher isnt coming here anytime soon.. give the guy a freaking chance and enjoy some CHIEFS football for crying out loud!!!!!!
    THIS.
    Maybe Haley isn't a long term solution, maybe he is.. but I'm convinced that no matter if he gets us to the Super Bowl during his tenure or not that he will undoubtedly be beneficial to this team in the long run.

We had softy HCs for far too long; the mentality changed, and everyone can see it. Haley ain't going to win any popularity contests with his players, but guess what? Neither did Lombardi, Landry, or Ditka; and they all three assembled some of the toughest (mentally and physically) football teams that ever played the game. We need to be that way first and foremost if we're ever going to start winning games.

I have yet to find any major fault with Haley yet. Be patient.

[quote=Sn@keIze;152327]Pollard does not stink!

He is working with what hes got.

The tackles you see Pollard missing are the ones that shouldnt have even gotten past teh first and 2nd level.[/quote]
    What? So its ok for Pollard to continually miss tackles because the ball carrier got to his portion of the field? The dude doesn't wrap up, gets in the way of his own teammates trying to make plays, and of course all the stupid penalties. A couple hard hits per game doesn't hardly make up for all this guys' miscues. Trade him while we can still get some value...
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by honda522 View Post
    First off, Pollard aint a CB, he is a saftey.
    Second of all safties don't cover, they zone.
    Third of all have you seen any of pollards hits? I think he way better at playing on Special teams.

Mike Brown looked like he sucked this year so far.
    I'll agree with you that Safeties don't technically cover, at least on most plays. It just drives me crazy to see him get beat over and over on play action, and continually miss tackles because he tries to blow up the guy, rather than wrap up. I don't care if he's got speed, he doesn't know how to use it.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast