Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Chiefs shopping SS Bernard Pollard

Default Chiefs shopping SS Bernard Pollard

Biggs: Chiefs exploring trade options with Pollard | National Football Post

The Kansas City Chiefs are exploring options to trade strong safety Bernard Pollard, a move that would create an opening for veteran Mike Brown to move into the starting lineup, sources said.

The 24-year-old Pollard, a fourth-year pro from Purdue, has made 31 starts the last two seasons. He had 98 tackles and one interception last season. But Brown was signed in late June to push both Pollard and free safety Jarrad Page.

“The defensive backfield as a whole, I think, there’s excellent competition,’’ Haley said late last month when asked if Brown had pushed Pollard for the job. “I don’t think there’s anybody who feels real comfortable. Mike’s one of the reasons for that but I think that’s the way it is across the board there. Those guys know there is somebody right behind them that could be playing just as well as them. That’s how you get your team good.”

Brown spent the last nine seasons with the Chicago Bears but has been injury plagued since 2004. He held it together to start 15 games last season, but had to leave three games early down the stretch with a recurring calf muscle pull and finally missed the finale. He is an instinctive player and made 101 tackles last season, the third-highest total in his career.
    I'm really surprised at this.

Quote Originally Posted by PawnshopMarimba View Post
    THIS.
    Maybe Haley isn't a long term solution, maybe he is.. but I'm convinced that no matter if he gets us to the Super Bowl during his tenure or not that he will undoubtedly be beneficial to this team in the long run.

We had softy HCs for far too long; the mentality changed, and everyone can see it. Haley ain't going to win any popularity contests with his players, but guess what? Neither did Lombardi, Landry, or Ditka; and they all three assembled some of the toughest (mentally and physically) football teams that ever played the game. We need to be that way first and foremost if we're ever going to start winning games.

I have yet to find any major fault with Haley yet. Be patient.

This what?? im confused because i think we agree on the same thing...

Glad to see that I could bring us all together...
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Here's the thing that I think is the most absurd part of all this "The Kansas City Chiefs are exploring options to trade strong safety Bernard Pollard, a move that would create an opening for veteran Mike Brown to move into the starting lineup, sources said."

This is basically saying that Haley/Pioli are willing to trade the better player to "make room" for Brown. This entire off season, Haley has been saying he's going to play the best players. Obviously Brown hasn't taken the position away from Pollard, (I'm assuming like they thought he would) so now they're just going to trade Pollard away. If Pollard or Page were being outplayed by Brown, I wouldn't have that big of a problem with the move other than the age difference. But as this is being reported, if just seems idiotic.

I don't think we are getting rid of him dude.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

The bottom line is, we have four good safeties and Pollard has value as far as a trade. Pioli IMO is trying to get help for our two weakest positions, OL and WR. Even if he gets a third or fourth round pick for next year, it will help improve the team.
    Pioli is calling the shots as far as personnel goes.

betwwen lost and nowhere,southcentral ks.

I think the writer of this writting just used Browns name because he is know all over the nfl. None of our other, except Pollard is known. Plus it might kick up some stink.
    Poili would probably trade just about any memeber of this team if the price was right.
    i can remember what a chief super bowl team looks like! ......

Pollard will be perfect in 3-4, trading away a young solid sarter like that will prove to be a mistake..

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234