Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Chiefs shopping SS Bernard Pollard

Default Chiefs shopping SS Bernard Pollard

Biggs: Chiefs exploring trade options with Pollard | National Football Post

The Kansas City Chiefs are exploring options to trade strong safety Bernard Pollard, a move that would create an opening for veteran Mike Brown to move into the starting lineup, sources said.

The 24-year-old Pollard, a fourth-year pro from Purdue, has made 31 starts the last two seasons. He had 98 tackles and one interception last season. But Brown was signed in late June to push both Pollard and free safety Jarrad Page.

“The defensive backfield as a whole, I think, there’s excellent competition,’’ Haley said late last month when asked if Brown had pushed Pollard for the job. “I don’t think there’s anybody who feels real comfortable. Mike’s one of the reasons for that but I think that’s the way it is across the board there. Those guys know there is somebody right behind them that could be playing just as well as them. That’s how you get your team good.”

Brown spent the last nine seasons with the Chicago Bears but has been injury plagued since 2004. He held it together to start 15 games last season, but had to leave three games early down the stretch with a recurring calf muscle pull and finally missed the finale. He is an instinctive player and made 101 tackles last season, the third-highest total in his career.
    I'm really surprised at this.

I dont like this move if true. Pollard has been at the very least decent for the Chiefs. The Thing about Brown is injury prone. He has not been able to stay on the field. I cant see why the chiefs would do this.

If they do this, I will not support The Toad. (Todd's nickname)

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    I dont like this move if true. Pollard has been at the very least decent for the Chiefs. The Thing about Brown is injury prone. He has not been able to stay on the field. I cant see why the chiefs would do this.
    Well Dajuan Morgan did play very well last night and McGraw wasn't bad either, so that probably has something to do with this move as well. With that said I don't want to see Pollard traded away.

Quote Originally Posted by chiefan View Post
    If they do this, I will not support The Toad. (Todd's nickname)
    Bit extreme, isn't it?

And I bet the tune changes if we're division champs and 11-5 by season's end.

I don't believe this. Mike Brown did not look near as well as Pollard.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Quote Originally Posted by josh1971 View Post
    Bit extreme, isn't it?

And I bet the tune changes if we're division champs and 11-5 by season's end.
    Yes, but Brown will only start for a year or so, and then we will have to find a good replacement next year. If we keep Pollard, we are fine and can focus on the O-Line. What was a bit extreme, the nickname?

You already know each time Toad is yelling on the sideline's, it's: DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM!!!!! RESPECT THE TOAD!!!

Tyler Thigpen's nickname? "Future Mr. Jessica Simpson"

Quote Originally Posted by chiefan View Post
    Yes, but Brown will only start for a year or so, and then we will have to find a good replacement next year. If we keep Pollard, we are fine and can focus on the O-Line. What was a bit extreme, the nickname?

You already know each time Toad is yelling on the sideline's, it's: DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM!!!!! RESPECT THE TOAD!!!

Tyler Thigpen's nickname? "Future Mr. Jessica Simpson"
    I'm not saying it's a good idea to get rid of Pollard in favor of Mike Brown- I'm just saying it's kind of extreme to start hating Haley because of a trade that will be more the work of Pioli than the coach.

Also, I don't care if players, reporters, or people don't like Haley- if he's a good coach, and puts together a good team that can win, I can live with him being an ash hole.

JB

It's not just Haley pulling strings, alot of it is Pioli.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

I am going to be one very upset individual and my confidence in this current administration to be able to make decisions will be shaken. I am already not all that impressed with Haley, he has made some dumb moves already since he has been here and my confidence level with him is already low.

Trade away one of the best players we had on defense last year, if not the best player and it will be really upsetting.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast