Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Chiefs, Ravens interested in Tyree

Default Chiefs, Ravens interested in Tyree

The Chiefs and Ravens are among the teams that have expressed interest in veteran WR David Tyree, who was released by the Giants today, according to a source with knowledge of the situation. Since Tyree is a vested veteran and can sign right away, there is a chance he could be with another team within the next few days, the source said.
    Though both teams need help at wide receiver, Tyree is coveted more for his special-teams play. He was a special-teams Pro Bowler and is especially adept on punt coverage. However, nagging injuries and a deep receiver pool limited his availability this preseason, resulting in him being let go by the Giants.

–Steve Wyche
    NFL On The Fringe » Blog Archive Chiefs, Ravens interested in Tyree «

What do you guys think? Would he be a good fit for our team?

Tyree would be brought on for special teams and possibly as a return man. It wouldn;t be a sexy pickup, but we could do a lot worse.

And while I like Pollard, I understand why we released him. We need a SS who can be adequate in coverage. Pollard can hit and tackle, but he's lousy in coverage. He's a poor man's Roy Williams. A Cover 2 team like Minny or TB should scoop him up.

Lol honestly,if we don't adress the O-line and Speical teams next year..I will never say Chiefs again,I'll say garbage

Quote Originally Posted by Rodgers4MVP View Post
    Lol honestly,if we don't adress the O-line and Speical teams next year..I will never say Chiefs again,I'll say garbage
    Do you really need to keep trolling around here?

Agreed- if after "13 years" as a chiefs fan, your that petty, the team really doesn't need you as a fan.

If you're a fan, then be a fan. If you're going to call the team garbage, there's a silver and black team that needs you.

JB

Quote Originally Posted by josh1971 View Post
    Agreed- if after "13 years" as a chiefs fan, your that petty, the team really doesn't need you as a fan.

If you're a fan, then be a fan. If you're going to call the team garbage, there's a silver and black team that needs you.

JB
    I would never wish that upon another human being.

Well, if he's going to float around here chief bashing, he might as well be over there.

Quote Originally Posted by josh1971 View Post
    Well, if he's going to float around here chief bashing, he might as well be over there.
    with the rest of the "floaters"

David Tyree = Larry Brown = Desmond Howard = Timmy Smith

CLICK HERE! FOR MY TWITTER PAGE

betwwen lost and nowhere,southcentral ks.

If it wasn`t for special teams, Tyree isnt any better than Lelie as a receiver. But i forgot, we have the second coming of Walker and Moss by the name of Cooper.
    i can remember what a chief super bowl team looks like! ......

Quote Originally Posted by wolfpack View Post
    If it wasn`t for special teams, Tyree isnt any better than Lelie as a receiver. But i forgot, we have the second coming of Walker and Moss by the name of Cooper.
    You probably mean "Copper." Who is a great special teams gunner and will be our 4WR behind Bowe, Bradley, and Engram.

Seriously, where did all this Copper hate come from? He's a fast WR with good hands and is a great special teams player. He's a good fit for our team.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast