S Bernard Pollard
    S Ricky Price
    LB Zach Thomas
    RB Javarris Williams
    WR Rodney Wright
    Placed on IR...
    G Colin Brown

Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post
    We were talking about the players in their 2005-2006 form. Did you already forget your question?
    No, you just decided to make a jump. I was saying that the players were old and untalented. Thus, leaving Edwards with nothing to build on. So, those players (because they were out of the league) couldn't have made last year's team.

Understand now or do I have to keep holding your hand?

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    Edwards was left with much less than Pioli/Haley were...
    Wow.
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by Big Daddy Tek View Post
    As far as the notion that keeping 4 QB's over Pollard being a mistake, I disagree. No way Guttierrez isnt claimed off waivers, meaning that he would not have been able to make our practice squad because we would have had to release him first.
    I actually don't think some other team would've claimed him off waivers. Gutierrez is a guy that was undrafted coming out of college, has spent most of his career on the practice squad and has never really been any higher on the depth chart than a 3rd stringer. Matt Gutierrez would've almost certainly made it past waivers. The guy has only completed 1 NFL pass in his entire career and did nothing to standout during the pre-season. Throw on top of that the fact that there's a lot better options out there on waivers (Jeff Garcia, JDB, Joey Harrington, Brohm, O'Connell, etc.) and there's teams looking to trade some of their QBs (Minnesota, KC, Tampa) it becomes pretty clear to me that Gutierrez wouldn't have likely been claimed off waivers and we could've kept him for our practice squad.

Who'd have thought that cutting Bernard Pollard would result in anarchy....

Quote Originally Posted by captainamerica View Post
    I actually don't think some other team would've claimed him off waivers. Gutierrez is a guy that was undrafted coming out of college, has spent most of his career on the practice squad and has never really been any higher on the depth chart than a 3rd stringer. Matt Gutierrez would've almost certainly made it past waivers. The guy has only completed 1 NFL pass in his entire career and did nothing to standout during the pre-season. Throw on top of that the fact that there's a lot better options out there on waivers (Jeff Garcia, JDB, Joey Harrington, Brohm, O'Connell, etc.) and there's teams looking to trade some of their QBs (Minnesota, KC, Tampa) it becomes pretty clear to me that Gutierrez wouldn't have likely been claimed off waivers and we could've kept him for our practice squad.
    strike Tampa. they unloaded McCown to Jags

I'll be back later. I've got a gig I need to get to.

Goodnite

Herm had his faults, but for every reason you try and defend Pioli/Haley are the SAME EXACT reasons why I defended Edwards. Edwards was left with much less than Pioli/Haley were... it was Pioli/Haley's decision to switch defenses that have made the past few drafts even less effective than they could have been.
    Right. That's why Herm's picks stink. Because we switched up the one of the worst defenses in the league.

With Herm's guys we were the worst defense in league history in sacks. We were abysmal against the run and pass. You defend Herm because you (1) are his mother; (2) are his daughter; or (3) have no conception of what it takes to build a winning fotball team.

I'll be back later. I've got a gig I need to get to.

Goodnite
    Passing out drunk doesn't count as a gig.

Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post
    Right. That's why Herm's picks stink. Because we switched up the one of the worst defenses in the league.

With Herm's guys we were the worst defense in league history in sacks. We were abysmal against the run and pass.
    I keep forgetting Herm was left with a juggernaut defense. My bad. You really should get a clue.

I keep forgetting Herm was left with a juggernaut defense. My bad. You really should get a clue.
    I thought you were going to bed. Oops, I meant to a gig.

Herm inherited a bad defense and made it worse over his three years. This despite spending a ton of money on it. It was quite the accompishment.

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast