S Bernard Pollard
    S Ricky Price
    LB Zach Thomas
    RB Javarris Williams
    WR Rodney Wright
    Placed on IR...
    G Colin Brown

Quote Originally Posted by KCINNYC View Post
    Why is ANYONE here pissed off? Benard was a colorful personality, but face it, he is not a Pro Bowl Strong Safety. He was lazy in camp, his skills are not the best, and he doesn't aggressively tackle like Haley wanted. He wasn't hungry. Mike Brown is a baller. He knows how to win. And last season was his third best year in his career for tackles.

Why is anyone pissed? If people would just watch the Press Conferences every day, you would know Haley knows what he is doing. The guy is SUPER smart.

Brown is not a downgrade from pollard at all. The only reason that i question the move is that Brown has had a lot of SEASON ENDING injuries early on in the season. If this happens again the loss of Pollard will hurt the Chiefs. Thats the only thing i have with the cutting of pollard. Its not an outright stupid move its just a little bit of a risk.

I agree with all the cuts, but not pollard. he could be a special teamer atleast.

Does anyone here think that Brown or Mcgraw can really lead this team in tackles?

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    No, you just decided to make a jump. I was saying that the players were old and untalented. Thus, leaving Edwards with nothing to build on. So, those players (because they were out of the league) couldn't have made last year's team.

Understand now or do I have to keep holding your hand?
    How many games did Herm win in the last two years? Not that i look forward to many wins this year but hey every one has an opinion.

That is exactly what we are reading opinions, are they right or wrong, does it matter. Only time will tell.

I dont agree with Pollard or Lelie but Pioli and Haley know what they are doing. I just don't know whon the heck si going to play pollards spot ? Mike Brown ? He is getting old though Grrr I dont like that at all

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    Its not that, Pollard was the only guy we had last year that was able to do anything on defense. Everyone is saying what a bad tackler he was, but he led the team in tackling last year so that tells me that either he was pretty good at something. Yeah, I know that our defense more or less sucked last year and we really shook it up this year, but I have a very hard time believing that last year's leading tackler was not worth anything this year and we would just release him.
    All that does is tell you how awful our defense was last year. A safety should NEVER be leading your team in tackles! It should ALWAYS be a linebacker. Of course, even with the tons of chances for tackles he had, thanks our horrible front 7, he still whiffed on a ton of them.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

Right now in Ft polk but moving up to Ft Lewis soon and cant wait.

Default New England??????????

So is this going to be a trend us getting players that NE cuts or dont want anymore? If so it willget really old really quick.

Quote Originally Posted by captainamerica View Post
    I actually don't think some other team would've claimed him off waivers. Gutierrez is a guy that was undrafted coming out of college, has spent most of his career on the practice squad and has never really been any higher on the depth chart than a 3rd stringer. Matt Gutierrez would've almost certainly made it past waivers. The guy has only completed 1 NFL pass in his entire career and did nothing to standout during the pre-season. Throw on top of that the fact that there's a lot better options out there on waivers (Jeff Garcia, JDB, Joey Harrington, Brohm, O'Connell, etc.) and there's teams looking to trade some of their QBs (Minnesota, KC, Tampa) it becomes pretty clear to me that Gutierrez wouldn't have likely been claimed off waivers and we could've kept him for our practice squad.
    Just to clarify Gutierrez has not spent most of his career on the practice squad. Most of his career has been spent as a backup, which is not unlike some of the other QBs on this roster.

Right now in Ft polk but moving up to Ft Lewis soon and cant wait.

Gutierrez also came from NE not likeing the trend.

Quote Originally Posted by buttabean58 View Post
    Gutierrez also came from NE not likeing the trend.
    Why? The Pats were the best team of the 2000s. We're getting better players than our current ones, and players who know the offensive and defensive schemes we're running. What is there to whine about?