Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 4 QBs? What's going on?

Default 4 QBs? What's going on?

Injured Cassel, Croyle, Thigpen and Gutierrez. What does Haley really have up his sleeve?

Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post
    Jacksonville will give us a 5th to 6th rounder for Thigpen. That's the only reason he hasn't been cut.

I mean this nicely, but if you are already turning on the new GM/HC because they cut players from a 2-14 roster and because they put stopping the run at the top of their draft priority list over RT, then you are the definition of a bandwagon fan. I mean, wait for a regular season game before throwing coaches or players under the bus.

And we drafted, signed, or traded for at least four OL who were intended to b starters/key backups(Goff, Brown, Alleman, and Ndukwe). Will they work out? I dunno. But you can't say nothing's been done.
    I am already cutting a head coach who has shown poor decisions and judgement. The GM did not cut Pollard, the GM did not fire Gailey. Those decisions are the head coach's and while Pioli can likely overrule those decisions, I doubt he will.

If you do not think that it was Haley's decision to cut Gailey, go back to the press conference when it was announced and listen to what Haley said. Heck read any newspaper article on the subject, here is one:

KC chaos: Gailey given boot - The Boston Globe

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Quote Originally Posted by MPGfanChiefs15 View Post
    Gutierrez who? At one point the Patriots considered Gutierrez and Cassel even. Something happened behind the scenes that gave Cassel the upper hand and that same season Brady got hurt and Cassel went from a bench warmer to start and later a very desired quarterback. Now the Pats are in a QB crisis and are in desperate need of backups with knowledge of their system. Gutierrez is definitely more valueable than you think.
    That only proves to me again how much of a mistake it was giving Cassel a 65 million dollar contract.

It is really not a testament to how good Guterriez might be, it is more likely a case of Cassel being overrated.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Quote Originally Posted by MPGfanChiefs15 View Post
    Gutierrez who? At one point the Patriots considered Gutierrez and Cassel even. Something happened behind the scenes that gave Cassel the upper hand and that same season Brady got hurt and Cassel went from a bench warmer to start and later a very desired quarterback. Now the Pats are in a QB crisis and are in desperate need of backups with knowledge of their system. Gutierrez is definitely more valueable than you think.
    I like this theory the best. But that still leaves Croyle or Thigpen as the backup unless we pick someone else up (please please please).

With the line the way it is we need alot of back ups.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    I am already cutting a head coach who has shown poor decisions and judgement. The GM did not cut Pollard, the GM did not fire Gailey. Those decisions are the head coach's and while Pioli can likely overrule those decisions, I doubt he will.

If you do not think that it was Haley's decision to cut Gailey, go back to the press conference when it was announced and listen to what Haley said. Heck read any newspaper article on the subject, here is one:

KC chaos: Gailey given boot - The Boston Globe
    Um, I never wrote Haley didn't fire Gailey. I know he did. He blamed Gailey for getting Cassel hurt and for the lack of TDs in preseason.

And you are misunderstanding the relationship between a GM and a HC. Pioli will not cut a player unless he agrees that player should be cut. Now, I have no doubt that Haley chose the final cuts, but everything went through with Pioli's blessing.

okay so we kept 4 QB's. who are we going to trade with now that the Bucs traded McCown to the Jags? Gut. back to the Patriots?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12