Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Tony Pashos Has To Top Pioli's list as Available Free Agents

Default Tony Pashos Has To Top Pioli's list as Available Free Agents

Well, I have scoured the many players who have been released today and this is the guy I want. He is easily the best tackle available right now. He can also play guard. At 6'6 and 325 he obviously has the size.

He was released by Jacksonville because he would not take a pay cut, not for peformance reasoning. This is a guy who started the last 38 games for the Jags on a pretty good O-line and is known to be a strong run blocker. In 2006 he started all 16 games for the Ravens on an O-line that only allowed 16 sacks the entire season (NFL low.)

Last year he won the Jaguars team award for off the field, in the community performance and was also on Jack Del Rios leadership council. He started his first game in the middle of the 2005 season and has started every game since. At 28 years old it looks like he has a wealth of experience and looks to be exaclty what we need.

I've pretty much went through everybody who is anything and this is what I've came up with. I think he could easily solve the gigantic issue that we have on the right side at tackle.

Here is a few links that I pulled during my research if you guys are interested:

http://www.jaguars.com/Team/Player.aspx?id=2700

Wilson: Jaguars to cut ties with Pashos | National Football Post

CLICK HERE! FOR MY TWITTER PAGE

Quote Originally Posted by McLovin View Post
    I still have not seen a legitimate site state that this has happened. One site I saw that said it is the site that said that We are getting Boldin and not giving up anything in the process, not what I would consider a legitimate source.
    I'm pretty sure it's accurate, of course nothing is set in stone until he signs.

Pashos to 49ers | ProFootballTalk.com

Damn! I really wanted this guy! Well, Singletary wants a tough running football team and he went out and got himself a tough run blocker.

CLICK HERE! FOR MY TWITTER PAGE

heck, Pashos signed for less-2mil.

Pashos takes step back to take step forward
    Posted by Mike Florio on September 7, 2009 1:23 PM ET
    We've picked up some more information regarding the decision of former Jaguars offensive lineman Tony Pashos to refuse a pay cut in Jacksonville, opting instead to earn much less money with the 49ers.

Per a league source, Pashos didn't want to move to guard, even at a base salary of $3 million. So he opted for free agency, realizing that he likely wouldn't get $3 million on the open market. And he chose to sign with the 49ers for the chance to reunite with former Ravens offensive line coach Chris Foerster in San Francisco.

Even though Pashos will earn less than $2 million.

It was Foerster who helped make Pashos into the player who landed a big-money free-agency deal with the Jaguars. The goal, as we understand it, will be for Pashos to re-establish himself in San Fran under Foerster's tutelage, and then to make back the money he gave up this year once the 29-year-old lineman hits the market again.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234