Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Positive Roster Outlook

Default Positive Roster Outlook

So here are my positives after going through our roster.

On paper, we have a very young and pretty talented defense. I am pretty encouraged by our LB corps: Vrabel, DJ, Mays, Hali, with Beisel, Belcher and Williams in the bullpen/special teams.

Our DL looks better this preseason already, and they are young with the likely starters being TJ, Tank, Dorsey.

We have a young and very talented CB group.

Our safeties seem pretty solid, as long as Brown can stay healthy.

On offense, we all know we have some work to do.

We have some good TEs and RBs. And the L side of the line seems relatively solid.

We have obvious needs on the R side of the line and questions at QB and WR.

Hopefully either Ndukwe is going to be solid at RT or we will pick up someone from the waiver wire who will be serviceable for this year. If we do pick up someone, I see O'Connell (TE) and Walters (OLB) as the first to see the door.

"this season" hasn't been played yet, dude. I'll get back to you on the good things Haley does when it's over, and I can review them.

If you're talking about pre-season, I can think of two good things right off the bat:

1. Our guys got in good physical shape, dropping a bunch of fat and getting stronger, so that they can play all four quarters of football, rather than two.

2. As soon as he took over play calling, we had a number of big plays, including runs of 40 and 70, and a pass play of 40 yards.

There's still work to go, but calling him "Failey" is hardly appropriate yet.

jb

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    Not every one, just the last two head coaches. I thought Gailey was a smart guy and had a place. I am down with Pioli, though he is not really a coach.

Hey, you know what, make me positive. Run down a list of the good moves that Haley has done this season. Name me all the things he has done to make this team better! Turn me around!

Again, I hope I am wrong, and I will eat crow if I am. Maybe he will turn out to be great, I certainly hope so.
    Good things Haley has done:

Off-season conditioning: a lot has been written about the conditioning program. This should help us close out games and also prevent a lot of injuries.

Switch to 3-4: Our defense has looked a lot better this year, and I think a lot has to do with the change to 3-4.

Motivating players: I think he knows how to get under players skin and make them realize that although they make millions, they have to work for their playing time. Especially Bowe. Yes, I think demoting "The Show" to third string made him realize he needs to get his game together, and his performance has improved.

Illinois... No longer .. Finally back home Blue Springs MO

Not every one, just the last two head coaches. I thought Gailey was a smart guy and had a place. I am down with Pioli, though he is not really a coach.

Hey, you know what, make me positive. Run down a list of the good moves that Haley has done this season. Name me all the things he has done to make this team better! Turn me around!

Again, I hope I am wrong, and I will eat crow if I am. Maybe he will turn out to be great, I certainly hope so.
    For starters he gave this team some discipline, at the game I went to he coached up the starters every chance he got even if they werent in, he told them what whoever was in was doing good and wrong.

He has made moves that took guts (if he is behind the roster) and got rid of Sackintosh, Richardson, and others that werent buying into the system. I dont agree with all of his choices but we saw 4 preseason games, he saw every practice every day and all preseason games, he sees attitude, he sees effort, and I believe he sees laziness and potential. I do question some of the new regime's choices but I am a fan, I dont get paid the big bucks ... and that is for a reason. If I had the knowledge they had dont you think any one of us would take the position over what we do now.

Getting rid of Gonzo.I know he was good but face it he's declining and not the best In the leauge.Just to let you know that horrible OL we had he was a part of,he blocks people too.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodgers4MVP View Post
    Getting rid of Gonzo.I know he was good but face it he's declining and not the best In the leauge.Just to let you know that horrible OL we had he was a part of,he blocks people too.
    Tony Gonzalez had over 1,000 yards receiving last season (more than any other TE last season), close to 100 receptions (more than any other TE last season), 10 receiving touchdowns (more than any other TE last season), and made it to his 11th straight Pro Bowl (more consecutive Pro Bowls than any other TE in the league). Tony wasn't declining that much if at all and was still an elite TE and arguably the best in the league (I sure think so.)

Illinois... No longer .. Finally back home Blue Springs MO

Quote Originally Posted by captainamerica View Post
    Tony Gonzalez had over 1,000 yards receiving last season (more than any other TE last season), close to 100 receptions (more than any other TE last season), 10 receiving touchdowns (more than any other TE last season), and made it to his 11th straight Pro Bowl (more consecutive Pro Bowls than any other TE in the league). Tony wasn't declining that much if at all and was still an elite TE and arguably the best EVER (I sure think so.)
    FYP..

Quote Originally Posted by josh1971 View Post
    "this season" hasn't been played yet, dude. I'll get back to you on the good things Haley does when it's over, and I can review them.
    Quote Originally Posted by josh1971 View Post
    Fair enough, doesn't matter, we are not the Raiders so we will not likely move a coach mid-season.

If you're talking about pre-season, I can think of two good things right off the bat:

1. Our guys got in good physical shape, dropping a bunch of fat and getting stronger, so that they can play all four quarters of football, rather than two.

2. As soon as he took over play calling, we had a number of big plays, including runs of 40 and 70, and a pass play of 40 yards.

There's still work to go, but calling him "Failey" is hardly appropriate yet.

jb
    OK, I will lay off a little. Let's play some games and see how it goes. I am not convinced but obviously I do not have a say in the matter.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12