Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Breaking News: Merriman Arrested

Default Breaking News: Merriman Arrested

Just seen this on twitter, via Adam Schefters tweets:

A spokeswoman for the for the San Diego County Sheriff's Department said Merriman is accused of choking and restraining television reality show hostess and model Tila Nguyen. Nguyen also known as Tila Tequila and previously hosted a reality show.

Officers received a call early Sunday morning from a woman who said she had been choked and restrained when she tried to leave.
    Nguyen, who also goes by Tila Tequila, signed a citizen's arrest complaint accusing Merriman of battery and false imprisonment. Merriman, 25, was arrested at the scene. Nguyen was taken to a local hospital.

Wow, what the hell was he thinking????

Chargers LB Merriman arrested - 9/06/09 - Los Angeles-Southern California-LA Breaking News, Weather, Traffic, Sports - abc7.com

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    I linked and quoted the definition of the word for you. And was even so kind as to explain the way that you are ignorant, IF...

Again, I asked you twice to follow the rules. You refused. What would you think might happen?

But, to get back on topic...

I think it is entirely possible that Merriman is guilty as charged, but I don't take the word of, a reportedly intoxicated, Tila Tequila as fact.

Having been suspected of being lovers, either story seems to fit, to an extent.
    Absolutely!

If nothing else, Merriman is guilty of stupidity for being in that situation.

But he has already proved he's not the sharpest knife in the drawer.
    Chiefs in 2011

ok tila said she wasn't drunk but i guess a night club owner saw her drinking.....now if tila was not famous(she was in the first place????) i think Shawn would not be quilty and it just be some girl looking for money but since shes a somebody (in some peoples eyes) then you have to think something is up.

And I heard that she noticed something in Shawn's house and later on her tweets was talking about steriods.....so Shawn probably had steriods again

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    Before I jump to any conclussions, he may have a very valid arguement except for one other flaw. I have personally experience a drunk person who declred thy were going to drive drunk to the store to pick up more booze because she was out. I declined and took her keys. She then became very defensive and said she was walking then. I restrained her A. Because it was snowing and she was going barefoot. B. The store was already closed. Now given that this woman was a family member. In her drunken state she could have easily said I was choking her as I was simply holder her back from going out in the snow barefoot and as she was fighting against me applied the pressure to her own throat. I ended up letter her go out in the snow until she returned 10 minutes later freezing and covered in mud.

Tila says she is allergic to alcohol, but the deputy stated that she had drank. She also has a knick Name of Tequilla. I doubt she got that name for the lack of tequilla she drank.

It is possible Merriman was really trying to keep her fom doing something just as stupid. If she was killed in a car accident after he let her leave, he would be in just as much heat as he is now. Since she does not live with him. He should have called her a cab.

Something isn't right though. Someone is clearly lying, and until that come to light. I won't hold it against him. He may have been trying to do the right thing.
    Hu Hu Hu Huuuuuuuge!!!!!!!!

CLICK HERE! FOR MY TWITTER PAGE

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    Before I jump to any conclussions, he may have a very valid arguement except for one other flaw. I have personally experience a drunk person who declred thy were going to drive drunk to the store to pick up more booze because she was out. I declined and took her keys. She then became very defensive and said she was walking then. I restrained her A. Because it was snowing and she was going barefoot. B. The store was already closed. Now given that this woman was a family member. In her drunken state she could have easily said I was choking her as I was simply holder her back from going out in the snow barefoot and as she was fighting against me applied the pressure to her own throat. I ended up letter her go out in the snow until she returned 10 minutes later freezing and covered in mud.

Tila says she is allergic to alcohol, but the deputy stated that she had drank. She also has a knick Name of Tequilla. I doubt she got that name for the lack of tequilla she drank.

It is possible Merriman was really trying to keep her fom doing something just as stupid. If she was killed in a car accident after he let her leave, he would be in just as much heat as he is now. Since she does not live with him. He should have called her a cab.

Something isn't right though. Someone is clearly lying, and until that come to light. I won't hold it against him. He may have been trying to do the right thing.
    A good point.

Quote Originally Posted by KristofLaw View Post
    He must really make his mother proud. I despise him and his crap team.
    yep, dude's a total d-bag waste of skin. i don't actually despise many players (even the ones that beat us a lot, peyton manning....)

but i wouldnt piss in merriman's mouth to quench his thirst while he was burning in hell.
    Thanks for all the yards, TDs, and memories, Priest!

Quote Originally Posted by Church_Backfield View Post
    And If someone calling you a nobody is a insult How is calling me ignorant not? oh wait you get to say what you want thats right.... nice judgement call !
    Technically, ignorant is not an insult, though often times it is attempted to be used as one. If you are not aware of a particular situation you are ignorant of that situation. You might think you know something in which case being called ignorant could be considered an insult to you.

Of course, what the heck do I know, I am ignorant!!!

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Just to add a little insight I was talking to my cousin regarding this issue (he's a cop in California). Typically with a felony in California the officer would simply arrest the perpetrator. The fact that she was required to place Merriman under citizen's arrest at the very least puts her story into doubt.

My cousin hates the Chargers about as much as you guys do...being that he's from Northern California. None of us were there, but his insight left me to believe that Merriman made a poor choice in company, but not necessarily a poor choice in actions.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

Report: Jealousy led to incident at Merriman's house | ProFootballTalk.com

Finally, facts are emerging regarding the incident that resulted in allegations that Chargers linebacker Shawne Merriman battered and falsely imprisoned Tila Tequila Nguyen.

And we kind of wish they hadn't.

According to Juliette Vara of 10News.com in San Diego, Nguyen wasn't happy that Merriman was paying too much attention to other women at his home.

Per the report, Merriman went to his bedroom with two women. Nguyen then entered the room, and Merriman asked her to join them. She reacted angrily, threatening to have sex with a member of Merriman's entourage.

Instead, she took off all her clothes and tried to leave the house. Merriman then prevented her from leaving.

Citing unnamed sources, Vara also reports that Nguyen "faked" a neck injury, and that paramedics who arrived at the scene determined that she was fine.

It appears that this report is based on information from one or more of the other persons who were at Merriman's house on the evening in question. And given that one or more of the other persons who were at Merriman's house on the evening in question likely were drinking alcohol too, we're not sure how reliable anyone's recollection as to the events really is.

And that actually helps Merriman. Our guess is that the facts of this case will be littered with inconsistencies and discrepancies, making it a prime situation for a finding of reasonable doubt.

looks like a case of bad jealousy and threesomes hahahaha.

Quote Originally Posted by doobs_05 View Post
    Report: Jealousy led to incident at Merriman's house | ProFootballTalk.com

Finally, facts are emerging regarding the incident that resulted in allegations that Chargers linebacker Shawne Merriman battered and falsely imprisoned Tila Tequila Nguyen.

And we kind of wish they hadn't.

According to Juliette Vara of 10News.com in San Diego, Nguyen wasn't happy that Merriman was paying too much attention to other women at his home.

Per the report, Merriman went to his bedroom with two women. Nguyen then entered the room, and Merriman asked her to join them. She reacted angrily, threatening to have sex with a member of Merriman's entourage.

Instead, she took off all her clothes and tried to leave the house. Merriman then prevented her from leaving.

Citing unnamed sources, Vara also reports that Nguyen "faked" a neck injury, and that paramedics who arrived at the scene determined that she was fine.

It appears that this report is based on information from one or more of the other persons who were at Merriman's house on the evening in question. And given that one or more of the other persons who were at Merriman's house on the evening in question likely were drinking alcohol too, we're not sure how reliable anyone's recollection as to the events really is.

And that actually helps Merriman. Our guess is that the facts of this case will be littered with inconsistencies and discrepancies, making it a prime situation for a finding of reasonable doubt.

looks like a case of bad jealousy and threesomes hahahaha.
    Hey. That sounds familiar....

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    It isn't exactly out of the realm of possibility that a woman of loose morale character, with a certain amount of alcohol would argue with her man, and then lie to police to get back at him for flirting with some other gal, or something like that.
    Two points for Chief31!

(I do realize that this isn't the end-all/be-all of reliable facts. Just found it interesting that this story lines-up so well with my theory.)

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast