Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Breaking News: Merriman Arrested

Default Breaking News: Merriman Arrested

Just seen this on twitter, via Adam Schefters tweets:

A spokeswoman for the for the San Diego County Sheriff's Department said Merriman is accused of choking and restraining television reality show hostess and model Tila Nguyen. Nguyen also known as Tila Tequila and previously hosted a reality show.

Officers received a call early Sunday morning from a woman who said she had been choked and restrained when she tried to leave.
    Nguyen, who also goes by Tila Tequila, signed a citizen's arrest complaint accusing Merriman of battery and false imprisonment. Merriman, 25, was arrested at the scene. Nguyen was taken to a local hospital.

Wow, what the hell was he thinking????

Chargers LB Merriman arrested - 9/06/09 - Los Angeles-Southern California-LA Breaking News, Weather, Traffic, Sports - abc7.com

this should be multi game suspensions!!!!!!!!!!!

my money is on 4 games at least

especially considering the media attention this will garner becuase its Tila Tequila

Quote Originally Posted by Vanilla Garilla View Post
    Wow, what the hell was he thinking????

Here- this is what he was thinking:

"I'm a millionaire NFL star- no one can touch me- I can do whatever I want with this piece of a$$, and she ain't got nothing to say about it either"

I hope he loses the entire season (and some freedom) for this- not because he's a bolt, but because he's an arsehole.

jb

lost all respect for him. My sister was beat up by her ex boyfriend a year ago so when this happens it just pisses me off when a guy does stuff like that

If the allegations turn out to be true then he's an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by Church_Backfield View Post
    What do you mean if it turns out to be true... i think they kind of i dunno know he did it due to the fact he was arrested on sight and whoever thinks that this is funny needs to grow up. This is another case of yet another pro athlete thinking he is above the law and having his shoved so far up his own ego driven *******.
    Yeah, he should smoke pot and relax
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by AkChief49 View Post
    that stupid freakin dance of his....cannot stand the guy. I love the clip where Jones-Drew puts Merrimans' lights out!
    I love this one!!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Yq7-b05XmU&feature=related"]YouTube - tomlinson vs belichick[/ame]
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

and the best part of it!!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRvm33Auv-8&feature=related"]YouTube - Oh Oh Oh LTs Cryin[/ame]

Illinois... No longer .. Finally back home Blue Springs MO

Quote Originally Posted by doobs_05 View Post
    lost all respect for him. My sister was beat up by her ex boyfriend a year ago so when this happens it just pisses me off when a guy does stuff like that
    Not because he is a bolt, but seriously has anyone ever had any respect for this roid raging idiot.

BTW to reinforce my point, I do have respect for Nate Kaeding and Darren Sproles. LOL Just no respect for Merriwoman, or Phillip Cry Me a Rivers.

San Diego Chargers' Shawne Merriman says he didn't harm MTV's Tequila - ESPN

AFC West blog

ESPN.com's Bill Williamson writes about all things AFC West in his division blog.Blog network: NFL Nation

SAN DIEGO -- San Diego Chargers star outside linebacker Shawne Merriman said he didn't harm a reality TV star who has accused him of choking and restraining her.

In a statement late Sunday, Merriman said he was worried for the safety of Tila Tequila because she appeared to be intoxicated and he didn't want her to drive.
    Merriman also said paramedics who were called to his home in Poway, north of San Diego, reported no injuries to Tequila, best known for "A Shot at Love with Tila Tequila," which ran for two seasons on MTV.

Merriman's attorney, Todd Macaluso, disputed Tequila's story and said he's confident Merriman won't be charged by the District Attorney's Office.

"There was absolutely no wrongdoing on the part of Mr. Merriman," Macaluso told The Associated Press by phone. "He essentially was doing what was appropriate under the circumstances in trying to protect the safety of Miss Tequila. There were numerous eyewitnesses that will support his version of the events that transpired at his home."

Tequila was reported to be Merriman's girlfriend, but Merriman told ESPN's Colleen Dominguez in a text message that Tequila is only a female acquaintance.

San Diego County Sheriff's Lt. Gary Steadman says Merriman was arrested early Sunday when the 27-year-old Tequila signed a citizen's arrest warrant charging him with battery and false imprisonment. Both are felonies.
    Sheriff's Department spokesman Jan Caldwell said at a news conference Sunday that deputies determined Tequila had been drinking.

"She was able to talk," Caldwell said. "She was able to walk. She was mobile. She did not have any serious injuries that our deputies saw."

Asked if Merriman was trying to keep Tequila from driving drunk, Macaluso said: "We don't want to comment on her conduct. The bottom line is, he did everything in his power to ensure her safety. He hopes she comes forth and tells the truth."

Merriman practiced with the San Diego Chargers on Monday, then said he's convinced he'll be cleared.
    "I think when it all surfaces, it will be a different situation. Period," Merriman said.

Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast