Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on the game

Default Thoughts on the game

Printers seemed like the best QB out there although it was against scrubs

Chiefs got robbed on the two point decision although it was called by the Dolphins to avoid overtime.

Dolphins secondary was ineffective except for lehan most of the night.

Huard was unsuccesful against the dolphins first team D although they were without the regular starters. this should be a concern.

Neither team made much of an attempt to go downfield.
    Clearly both teams were working short drops because of shaky O lines needing to gel.

Chiefs first team run D should be in the corner wearing a dunce cap.

Either the Chiefs special teams are really good or the dolphins cant block anyone on returns.

Dolphins punter was outkicking his protection allowing good returns.

I would like to see printers play against 1st team just to see.....

Not sure why dolphins speedy first rounder was not returning kicks?

Looking for some gameplanning for both teams in week three. Maybe some script for the first quarter.

Both teams have some glaring holes at this point. I think that LJ returning and some solidification on the O line will help the chiefs cause. The D line needs to step up

I think when the real pass rushers suit up for the dolphins, that will take some heat off the secondary and they will return for another top 5 defensive showing.
    The O probably will struggle for several weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by huck1974 View Post

Agreed

Chiefs got robbed on the two point decision although it was called by the Dolphins to avoid overtime.

Agreed

Agreed

Huard was unsuccesful against the dolphins first team D although they were without the regular starters. this should be a concern.

Huard looked plain awful. I can't believe there are people still wanting to start him based on last year. They're saying he hasn't gotten a fair chance. How long do you expect someone to stay out there whenever they're stinking up the place?

Clearly both teams were working short drops because of shaky O lines needing to gel.

Croyle had the one great drive. Printers passing helped them get down field a few times. You're right though. Nothing worth being remotely excited about.

Still not trained enough to catch stuff like that. No opinion either way.

Either the Chiefs special teams are really good or the dolphins cant block anyone on returns.

I think the special teams looked AWESOME.

Our returners did awesome. I'm not sure if I was impressed more with Randolph or Phinisee. Randolph seemed solid, but Phinisee has finesse.

Me too. Although, I don't think he'd do very well.

Hmmm. Don't know.

Looking for some gameplanning for both teams in week three. Maybe some script for the first quarter.

Both teams have some glaring holes at this point. I think that LJ returning and some solidification on the O line will help the chiefs cause. The D line needs to step up

I think when the real pass rushers suit up for the dolphins, that will take some heat off the secondary and they will return for another top 5 defensive showing.
    My thoughts in red.
    Everything happens for a reason.

Default Brodie Croyle will be fine!

I say we go through the growing pains of Croyle this year. He can move pretty well he has a great arm with accuracy. If he did not throw that interception in the endzone we would all be saying he is the next coming of Len Dawson. Even later in the 3rd quarter he was throwing ropes down the sidelines that should have been caught. He is the franchise eventually, can you say Tom Brady. All rookies start like this.

Is there OT in pre-season???

Agree with most of the rest of your post. It's pre-season.

yes there is OT

All I have to say is how can Huard look good if all they give him is run plays / Croyle comes in and its all passes. Kinda makes me wonder if they have already made up their minds and are setting it up to make it look that way to everyone else . not only that tell me who picked up a block that whole first quarter? I could care less who starts between the two but Huard got the shaft against Miami .Printers looked like a Stud on that night !he can scramble and Think and throw( Which is what we need without blockers ) . Brodie and Huard are in the same boat as Green was when we had him. They all have cement shoes on. Except Brodie has an arm to win games. Printers might see alot of playing time this year mark my words.
    Last edited by YZILLA; 08-17-2007 at 10:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Dog View Post
    I say we go through the growing pains of Croyle this year. He can move pretty well he has a great arm with accuracy. If he did not throw that interception in the endzone we would all be saying he is the next coming of Len Dawson. Even later in the 3rd quarter he was throwing ropes down the sidelines that should have been caught. He is the franchise eventually, can you say Tom Brady. All rookies start like this.
    that would be silly to say since he was playing against scrubs but seeing more of him would be nice

yes there is OT
    I don't know why but I was thinking that OT had been excluded from pre-season.

Quote Originally Posted by YZILLA View Post
    All I have to say is how can Huard look good if all they give him is run plays / Croyle comes in and its all passes. Kinda makes me wonder if they have already made up their minds and are setting it up to make it look that way to everyone else . not only that tell me who picked up a block that whole first quarter? I could care less who starts between the two but Huard got the shaft against Miami .Printers looked like a Stud on that night !he can scramble and Think and throw( Which is what we need without blockers ) .

I think that in the second game of preseason, coaches call plays to look at players in certain matchups. I would not read to much into it being some kind of smokescreen since the coach could care less what the fans think of the play calling in game 2. Keep in mind that printers saw action against a large amount of players that dont even know what practice squad they will hit yet. Both coaches were looking to put players in specific situations in order to evaluate there ability to make certain plays. One play to the next does not necessarily conform to how real game play would be. This is not the point of preseason.

Also, watching a minnasota team right now that has put up 34 points. This does not guarantee that they will go anywhere in the season. Look for a bunch of starters for as much as three quarters next week with some script but a little vanilla calling as to not give away anything for the season IMHO.

GO Chiefs and Go Dolphins, both my home teams

Quote Originally Posted by YZILLA View Post
    All I have to say is how can Huard look good if all they give him is run plays / Croyle comes in and its all passes. Kinda makes me wonder if they have already made up their minds and are setting it up to make it look that way to everyone else . not only that tell me who picked up a block that whole first quarter? I could care less who starts between the two but Huard got the shaft against Miami .Printers looked like a Stud on that night !he can scramble and Think and throw( Which is what we need without blockers ) . Brodie and Huard are in the same boat as Green was when we had him. They all have cement shoes on. Except Brodie has an arm to win games. Printers might see alot of playing time this year mark my words.
    I agree with this excpet for Huard. He was awful. The passes he did get to throw sucked for the most part, so why let him make more bad passes?

Printers absolutely rocked last night.
    Everything happens for a reason.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast