Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on the game

Default Thoughts on the game

Printers seemed like the best QB out there although it was against scrubs

Chiefs got robbed on the two point decision although it was called by the Dolphins to avoid overtime.

Dolphins secondary was ineffective except for lehan most of the night.

Huard was unsuccesful against the dolphins first team D although they were without the regular starters. this should be a concern.

Neither team made much of an attempt to go downfield.
    Clearly both teams were working short drops because of shaky O lines needing to gel.

Chiefs first team run D should be in the corner wearing a dunce cap.

Either the Chiefs special teams are really good or the dolphins cant block anyone on returns.

Dolphins punter was outkicking his protection allowing good returns.

I would like to see printers play against 1st team just to see.....

Not sure why dolphins speedy first rounder was not returning kicks?

Looking for some gameplanning for both teams in week three. Maybe some script for the first quarter.

Both teams have some glaring holes at this point. I think that LJ returning and some solidification on the O line will help the chiefs cause. The D line needs to step up

I think when the real pass rushers suit up for the dolphins, that will take some heat off the secondary and they will return for another top 5 defensive showing.
    The O probably will struggle for several weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    Me too. But the decision was made long ago. Noone can say what would have happened had Huard been given a fair opportunity to win the job.
    Does someone need a wambulance?

Huard is a vet. He shouldn't need as many reps as a Croyle. Huard did get some passes in. One of them was good. I wouldn't let him pass either.

Quote Originally Posted by luv View Post
    Does someone need a wambulance?

Huard is a vet. He shouldn't need as many reps as a Croyle. Huard did get some passes in. One of them was good. I wouldn't let him pass either.
    All that I am saying is that in the number of attempts that Huard has been given, he has looked better than Brady and Manning, so far. Everyone needs a certain amount of opportunities, to show what kind of quarterback they are. Otherwise we could all assume that Peyton Manning and Tom Brady suck.

Way to go, on the Wambulance crack. It's always a great piece of football information, to bring into the discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    All that I am saying is that in the number of attempts that Huard has been given, he has looked better than Brady and Manning, so far. Everyone needs a certain amount of opportunities, to show what kind of quarterback they are. Otherwise we could all assume that Peyton Manning and Tom Brady suck.

Way to go, on the Wambulance crack. It's always a great piece of football information, to bring into the discussion.
    You really need to learn how to take some ribbing. You don't care much for me, do you? Sorry I'm not Sweets. :p

Quote Originally Posted by luv View Post
    You really need to learn how to take some ribbing. You don't care much for me, do you? Sorry I'm not Sweets. :p
    Ahh, lighten-up. Just shooting back. I like you just fine.

Our quarterbacks are not top quality quarterbacks. They will not post any great numbers during the pre-season or during the regular season. Our Chiefs will not far well until we get another quarterback that is proven. I will keep my fingers crossed, but will not hold my breath (afraid if I do that I might die waiting).
    www.AAASportsMemorabilia.com
    Home of Great Sports Memorabilia

Hey, I got it! Let's do the whole by-commitee thing with both our RB's and QB's this year. That way, we can play ultra-conservative with Huard in the game to keep it close and then when Croyle scores, we can pull him out of the game before he does something stupid. Then, we may as well put 2 HB's in the backfield with Printers and do alot of direct-snap runs, play-action boots, etc.
    Thanks for all the yards, TDs, and memories, Priest!

Quote Originally Posted by m0ef0e View Post
    Hey, I got it! Let's do the whole by-commitee thing with both our RB's and QB's this year. That way, we can play ultra-conservative with Huard in the game to keep it close and then when Croyle scores, we can pull him out of the game before he does something stupid. Then, we may as well put 2 HB's in the backfield with Printers and do alot of direct-snap runs, play-action boots, etc.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by m0ef0e View Post
    And we can take the Chiefs outta the NFL and put them back into college

<a href=http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5893/dthomassp2.jpg target=_blank>http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5893/dthomassp2.jpg</a>

Official thread killer I have heard.

Quote Originally Posted by peekaboo224 View Post
    Our quarterbacks are not top quality quarterbacks. They will not post any great numbers during the pre-season or during the regular season. Our Chiefs will not far well until we get another quarterback that is proven. I will keep my fingers crossed, but will not hold my breath (afraid if I do that I might die waiting).
    Yeah, that's helped us how many times in the past how many years? Why not try something new for a change. Or do you enjoy mediocre football? We're not going to do that great this season either way, so why not give an unproven the experience he needs to prove himself?

Like that idea. May have to go with that one.
    www.AAASportsMemorabilia.com
    Home of Great Sports Memorabilia

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast