Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cassell in full pads practicing today

Default Cassell in full pads practicing today

Don't know if anyone saw this on KCCHIEFS twitter...
    http://twitter.com/KC_Chiefs1/

hey at least Haley can talk about him now, we all know he ONLY DISCUSSES GUYS ON THE FIELD. Yeah, I get it Todd.

Thank goodness he is back

betwwen lost and nowhere,southcentral ks.

we will need all the yards after the catch from our wr`s we can get. 3 to 5 yard drops is all Cassel will have tim for unless LJ can get it going.
    i can remember what a chief super bowl team looks like! ......

Glad to see him in Full Pads, he might start Sunday then..... Hopefully he can make it through the whole game.

I think the Cassel injury is trying to throw other teams off. I think he did get a sore knee, but I think he is pefectly capable of playing. It's like when Brady wore that boot in the off season.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Quote Originally Posted by honda522 View Post
    I think the Cassel injury is trying to throw other teams off. I think he did get a sore knee, but I think he is pefectly capable of playing. It's like when Brady wore that boot in the off season.
    I was thinking the same thing because of how mum they have been on everything.

Quote Originally Posted by honda522 View Post
    Ummm wait, what would be the point to this? Fake an injury to a quarterback to throw other teams off? How exactly doed that work anyway?

I am even trying to find a long stretch as to why and how that would work and I am coming up with nothing. You think the Ravens are sitting in a planning room trying to figure out how to play against Cassel, no wait, maybe Croyle, no wait maybe Thigpen?

Oh and then after the first game if Cassel plays, well all the teams after that will know he is playing just fine. After the first KC drive even the Ravens will know.

I think this is just the same secrecy we have seen out of the previous administration. Remember, Pioli came from the Patriots who are even more tight lipped than we are.
    Last edited by Hayvern; 09-07-2009 at 01:27 PM.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    Ummm wait, what would be the point to this? Fake an injury to a quarterback to throw other teams off? How exactly doed that work anyway?

I am even trying to find a long stretch as to why and how that would work and I am coming up with nothing. You think the Ravens are sitting in a planning room trying to figure out how to play against Cassel, no wait, maybe Croyle, no wait maybe Thigpen?

Oh and then after the first game if Cassel plays, well all the teams after that will know he is playing just fine. After the first KC drive even the Ravens will know.

I think this is just the same secrecy we have seen out of the previous administration. Remember, Pioli came from the Patriots who are even more tight lipped than we are.
    Don't you think gameplanning against Thigpen is alot different than Cassel, or even Croyle? Thigpen is the most mobile, Croyle has the strongest arm, and Cassel is the most accurate. They're all different QBs with different strengths and weaknesses.

Teams take the season 1 week at a time, and right now the Ravens are figuring out the best way to beat the Chiefs, and only the Chiefs.

Looks like Cassel might be able to play. Honestly I'd rather his first game didn't come against the Ravens defense, so I wouldn't mind if he sat this one out.

Good news I have a felling he will be starting. GO CHIEFS!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by yashi View Post
    Don't you think gameplanning against Thigpen is alot different than Cassel, or even Croyle? Thigpen is the most mobile, Croyle has the strongest arm, and Cassel is the most accurate. They're all different QBs with different strengths and weaknesses.

Teams take the season 1 week at a time, and right now the Ravens are figuring out the best way to beat the Chiefs, and only the Chiefs.

Looks like Cassel might be able to play. Honestly I'd rather his first game didn't come against the Ravens defense, so I wouldn't mind if he sat this one out.
    No, actually I don't. It is not all that difficult to shut down a quarterback when the offensive line is a problem. The game planning will be on how to capitalize on the weakness on the line, it will be more about shutting down the running game and then making our quarterbacks beat us.

You shut down the running game and Cassel will not beat you by his accuracy alone, Croyle will not beat you throwing long, and Thigpen will not beat you on the ground, especially if the offensive line is taken out of the equation.

This is what we have been seeing all preseason and now that the regular season is starting, that is what teams will be doing. If the offensive line gets even close to being average in blocking, then maybe faking an injury like this would make a difference, but only for about 15 minutes of the game, 30 minutes at the outset.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Now, two things...

One being that Haley's play calling last week was inspiring in the sense that--wow, its 3rd and 20 and we are actually throwing it 20 yards--and Gailey and so many of the Chiefs O.Cord.'s before him throw a screen pass in that situation and hope that "someone makes a play" Now half those plays that Haley called should have been there considering that Bowe was WIDE open. Croyle overthrew pass after pass, so then--Number Two--Cassell, though not a deep threat, makes those 20 yard throws well, and better than Croyle...I know I am too much of a glass half full fan, but maybe with Cassell, Haley calling the plays and a THANK gOD new right side offensive line, we actually have a chance at being an average NFL offense.

Please let the Chiefs be good...Please let the Chiefs be good...Please God.
    Last edited by KCINNYC; 09-07-2009 at 08:17 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast