Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I need to vent

Default I need to vent

I know I'm new to the board, but I'm going through a hard time and I need to get some **** out. My boyfriend of 4 1/2 yes left me back in July and left me with an apt I can't pay for. Until 2 wkd ago I was a stay at home mom with no job. I finally have a job, but now I'm too far behind in rent and I have to be out by 8 am tomorrow. I have nowhere to go, and no money for even a motel room. I'm feeling really ****ing lost and stressed and just don't know what to do anymore.

I am really sorry for your plight, I worry everyday that something will happen to me and my wife of 22 years will be left with nothing to fall back on as she has no job and is a stay at home mom with three kids.

I assume since you are saying that you have nowhere to go, that parents and relatives are out of the queston.

Typically, the next stop would be your church or synagogue, these places are typically suited to helping someone in your position.

I truly hope something comes together for you.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Quote Originally Posted by stoneygirl View Post
    I know I'm new to the board, but I'm going through a hard time and I need to get some **** out. My boyfriend of 4 1/2 yes left me back in July and left me with an apt I can't pay for. Until 2 wkd ago I was a stay at home mom with no job. I finally have a job, but now I'm too far behind in rent and I have to be out by 8 am tomorrow. I have nowhere to go, and no money for even a motel room. I'm feeling really ****ing lost and stressed and just don't know what to do anymore.
    I am terribly sorry to hear that Stoney. You should qualify for emergency housing assistant if you have full custody of your kid. Other than that, i would just suggest the same thing as Vern did, and I wish you the best of luck. Pray, Pray, and Pray some more.

I've been everywhere, and can't get help anywhere. To keep my job I have to stay within walking distance of my job. My parents have both passed away and all my other family lives in MI. I share custody of my son with my ex, and of course he ain't gonna do a thing to help me out. I get one last note in my apt, then I'm sleeping outside wherever I can. I'm really trying to hold it together for my sons sake, but its getting harder and harder.

Illinois... No longer .. Finally back home Blue Springs MO

I've been everywhere, and can't get help anywhere. To keep my job I have to stay within walking distance of my job. My parents have both passed away and all my other family lives in MI. I share custody of my son with my ex, and of course he ain't gonna do a thing to help me out. I get one last note in my apt, then I'm sleeping outside wherever I can. I'm really trying to hold it together for my sons sake, but its getting harder and harder.
    Is this just the 3 day eviction notice from the landlord, if so its unfortunate but until you can find something else you aren't out quite yet. After the 3 days then there is a a trial scheduled, after the trial there is 5 days to file an appeal. I believe after that you have 10 days to get out. It is not an ideal situation but trial will take a while to be scheduled and it would give you a roof over your head while you make other plans.

Another thing you may want to try is calling the landlord and explain the situation, see if you can work something out with them. Explain you just started working and you would like to stay and would work on paying the back bills as soon as you start having money come in. You maybe able to get assistance in the future that would assist in paying them back. For the most part the landlord only wants the money, and often would rather work with you at the thought of getting the money later as they know once you leave they will never see a penny.

Hope this helps some wishing you the best of luck, wish I could help more.

Ask your family if you can borrow some money to get you back up on your feet.
    Last edited by honda522; 09-07-2009 at 09:47 PM.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Very sorry to hear stoneygirl; I wish I had some advice for you, but the advice stated above is all I know as well.

God Bless!

Contact Salvation Army, for emergence housing funds.

I'm really sorry to hear all that. You need to keep your head up and keep thinking positive (which is hard in a time like that), and praying may help you through the hard times....i hope everything works out for you!!

Ditto on all of the posts... plus contact your SSI or SRS- they will help- It is on the frontage road between 87th street and 95th. Do not feel ashamed to ask for help, you are who it is for. They can even help you get vocational training so that you will not be put in this situation again. Take care and let me know if you are in dire need and will be on the street... I will help you find a roof - I am in the area.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast