Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I need to vent

Default I need to vent

I know I'm new to the board, but I'm going through a hard time and I need to get some **** out. My boyfriend of 4 1/2 yes left me back in July and left me with an apt I can't pay for. Until 2 wkd ago I was a stay at home mom with no job. I finally have a job, but now I'm too far behind in rent and I have to be out by 8 am tomorrow. I have nowhere to go, and no money for even a motel room. I'm feeling really ****ing lost and stressed and just don't know what to do anymore.

ive been to srs and the salvation army, neither place can help. ive literally exausted all avenues of help. id go to my family, but my parents are both dead and the rest are in MI and dont have the money to help me either. at the moment im at a friends house but i have to leave tomorrow to go to work and i cant make it back and forth from here. wish i had a car, but i dont. thanks to all for all your suggestions, just wish i hadnt went through all those places already. looks like im sleepimg outside tomorrow (wednesday) nite.

I know it has already been mentioned but have you tried any of the local churches or synagogues for assistance?

been there done that, they either dont help in my area, dont help with rent, or just have no money to help.

Just doing some googling trying to find you something here so bare with me.

http://www.govbenefits.gov/govbenefi...ry&_nfls=false

Government Benefits, Grants, and Financial Aid for Citizens: USA.gov

Government Aid and Money - No Grants Needed

I hope there are some resources here.

If an illegal immigrant can get help, surly you can find a way.

Wait a min, they took it all. :|
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Oh, let's please not politicize this one. :rolleyes:

Illinois... No longer .. Finally back home Blue Springs MO

This is about a person with a very real problem. If you dont feel sorry for her what about the 2 year old little boy she has, do you think he did something where he deserves to be on the streets. It is really sad that something like this can happen in america.
    When someone refuses to work and a single person ends up homeless due to it then thats life but when a single mother with a job ends up being homeless in the US this is really a tragedy. I for one wish stoneygirl all the best and hope this never happens or is a very very short term situation.

I'll be leaving my friends house in a couple hours so I can go to work, so tonite when I get off I have nowhere to go. My son is with his father. My ex said I can't have my son if I don't have a place to live. I hate the position I'm in, but I've tried to get help anywhere and everywhere with no luck. All I can hope for is a safe dry place to sleep tonite and untilL I can find a place to live.

Maybe your baby has to be with its dad for now if it has a safe place to be, but the shelters are not full and they will help you get on your feet. Do it for your kids so they can see what is possible.

Sorry for your pains.

You need to learn to utilize the government in situations like these. They are there.

(How do you have internet access?) You need to go to a forum more fitting for advice and/or assistance. There are forums and websites more beneficial than this. (For example the ones Chiefster posted).

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast