Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why not Gutierrez

Default Why not Gutierrez

I am new to the forum, and maybe this has already been discussed, but I keep seeing reports that Thigpen will start if Cassel doesn't. What is wrong with Gutierrez, from what I have seen of him, he gives a better chance to win than Thigpen or Croyle. Am I missing something or out of my mind?

Quote Originally Posted by captainamerica View Post
    What's with all the Gutierrez love? I mean just because he was a quaterback for the Pats doesn't make him the greatest. Gutierrez is a guy that's spent a lot of his time on the practice squad and has never been anything more than a 3rd stringer. Gutierrez isn't starter material and he probably never will be either. Croyle on the other hand has a lot of potential, but just can't stay healthy and Thigpen is very talented, but is just young and inexperienced. Both are much better options than Gutierrez.
    Once again Gutierrez has never been on the practice squad.

Quote Originally Posted by MPGfanChiefs15 View Post
    Once again Gutierrez has never been on the practice squad.
    He started the 2008 season on the Practice Squad and would've remained there for the entire season had Brady not got hurt. Even after he was promoted the regular roster he was still only a 3rd stringer. The fact of the matter is he's just not that good. He only has a job, because he's a hard worker.

He started the 2008 season on the Practice Squad and would've remained there for the entire season had Brady not got hurt. Even after he was promoted the regular roster he was still only a 3rd stringer. The fact of the matter is he's just not that good. He only has a job, because he's a hard worker.
    Yes you are right he was temporarily on the practice squad but you keep saying he spent a lot of his time on the practice squad. That is not true. He has spent a lot of his time as backup.

I guess an important question is who is the QB on our practice squad.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Illinois... No longer .. Finally back home Blue Springs MO

Quote Originally Posted by honda522 View Post
    I guess an important question is who is the QB on our practice squad.
    That would be um .. that would be um ... hmmm Barry Richardson?

IMO Guttierez IS a very good QB, it just depends on how well he plays from now on.

Well looks like Cassel is gonna play.

Quote Originally Posted by AussieChiefsFan View Post
    IMO Guttierez IS a very good QB, it just depends on how well he plays from now on.
    How do you know this? How did you formulate this opinion? Was it from the 1 and only pass he's ever completed in his professional career? Was it from the fact that he's spent his entire career either on the practice squad or on 3rd string? Is it based upon the fact that he's never done anything spectacular in the pre-season despite playing against backups and 3rd stringers? Was it from the fact that he went undrafted coming out of college?

I mean seriously, what's with all the Matt Gutierrez love? I swear if he were a 3rd string quarterback for any other team, but the Patriots no one on here would even have an opinion on him, but since he did play for the magical Patriots that must mean he's the next Joe Montanna, huh? Give me a break.

What's with all the Gutierrez love? I mean just because he was a quaterback for the Pats doesn't make him the greatest. Gutierrez is a guy that's spent a lot of his time on the practice squad and has never been anything more than a 3rd stringer. Gutierrez isn't starter material and he probably never will be either. Croyle on the other hand has a lot of potential, but just can't stay healthy and Thigpen is very talented, but is just young and inexperienced. Both are much better options than Gutierrez.
    I'll start off by saying I'm not a Croyle fan. With that said yes he's looked good in the pre-season but he did last year too. Also worth mentioning is that for the most part he's been playing against 2nd and 3rd stringers.

Croyle has never had potential in my opinion. Sure he throws the ball a million miles per hour but he doesn't have any touch and throw that he doesn't make good decisions on top of that. Some will say that poor decisions are due to a lack of game time. But when the starting job is yours all year last year and you can only manage to stay healthy for three quarters... Croyle just can't and never will be able to cut it, although I'd love to be disproved!

Quote Originally Posted by OPLookn View Post
    I'll start off by saying I'm not a Croyle fan. With that said yes he's looked good in the pre-season but he did last year too. Also worth mentioning is that for the most part he's been playing against 2nd and 3rd stringers.

Croyle has never had potential in my opinion. Sure he throws the ball a million miles per hour but he doesn't have any touch and throw that he doesn't make good decisions on top of that. Some will say that poor decisions are due to a lack of game time. But when the starting job is yours all year last year and you can only manage to stay healthy for three quarters... Croyle just can't and never will be able to cut it, although I'd love to be disproved!
    I'm not a big fan of Croyle either for obvious reasons (the dudes made of pure glass), but with that said he's accomplished a lot more in his NFL career than Gutierrez has and he has a lot more potential as well. Croyle's a player you can actually formulate an opinion of. I don't understand how anyone can forumlate an opinion (a highly positive 1 at that) of Matt Gutierrez, when the man hasn't done anything yet!
    Last edited by captainamerica; 09-09-2009 at 02:01 PM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast