Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Why not Gutierrez

Default Why not Gutierrez

I am new to the forum, and maybe this has already been discussed, but I keep seeing reports that Thigpen will start if Cassel doesn't. What is wrong with Gutierrez, from what I have seen of him, he gives a better chance to win than Thigpen or Croyle. Am I missing something or out of my mind?

Quote Originally Posted by captainamerica View Post
    Where in my post did I saying anything, anywhere about Brodie Croyle??? With that said I'm not a big fan of Croyle either for obvious reasons (the dudes made of pure glass), but with that said he's accomplished a lot more in his NFL career than Gutierrez has. Croyle's a player you can actually formulate an opinion of. I don't understand how anyone can forumlate an opinion (a highly positive 1 at that) of Matt Gutierrez, when the man hasn't done anything yet!
    To me Brodie has even done more then Gutuerrez. I think that if cassel cant go Croyle is the best option gutuerrez is unproven and did tend to turn the ball over in the preseaon unlike brodie

I just feel like what I have seen of Gutierrez was quite good. I don't give a hoot if he was on Pats team or the worst team in history, what I saw of him was not bad. Croyle needs a suit of armor to not get hurt and hasn't played enough to prove anything. Thigpen played enough last year to prove that he was in the right spot at third string!

Well, Brodie has gotten himself injured a bunch, but he did take a shot from a helmet to the chin, and was back under center the next play, so perhaps he's got some bulletproof glass for that chin this year.

Gutierrez can move the ball, from what we saw in pre-season, but he also appeared at times to get flustered and make mistakes (2 INT against Seattle), and though he wasn't calling the plays, he couldn't get the ball in from the 1 in 4 tries against the vikes.

I would think that if Cassell can't go on Sunday, we should see Brodie. Thig did nothing but stink in the pre-season- he doesn't deserve a start.

jb

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234