Thread: Team comaradarie more important than talent!

Default Team comaradarie more important than talent!

I have played team sports and coached High School Football. I have had teams with highly talented players that could not gel together and lost way more games than we should have. I have also had teams without a lot of talented players that just played well together and won way more games than we ever should have. With my experience with team sports, the comaradarie between players wins games. Which might be where coach Haley was coming from with his statement about 22 players off the street.

A strong mind and big heart usually means more to a football player than talent. Players such as Jeff George had all the talent in the world and not enough brains to get out of the rain.
    Pioli and Haley want physically conditioned athletes capable of playing at a high level the entire game. Smart players capable of being in position to make plays. Players with the heart and desire to go the extra mile to get the job done and to win.

[quote=pbatrucker;153133]A strong mind and big heart usually means more to a football player than talent. Players such as Jeff George had all the talent in the world and not enough brains to get out of the rain.
    Pioli and Haley want physically conditioned athletes capable of playing at a high level the entire game. Smart players capable of being in position to make plays. Players with the heart and desire to go the extra mile to get the job done and to win.[/quote]

That is exactly what they want. Thats what alot of people dont understand. You hit the nail right on the head word for word. This is why we will be winners for a long time to come.

CLICK HERE! FOR MY TWITTER PAGE

Is that notion any different from the one that was here during the last regime?

"We want Chiefs players" "We want players that want to be here"

That's really not much more than a pre-packaged statement, tha all rebuilding teams use.

It's my belief that, unless team chemistry is extremely bad, talent trumps chemistry.

The exceptions are rare, and often turned into movies, because of the extreme unliklihood of them.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post

That's really not much more than a pre-packaged statement, tha all rebuilding teams use.

It's my belief that, unless team chemistry is extremely bad, talent trumps chemistry.

The exceptions are rare, and often turned into movies, because of the extreme unliklihood of them.
    And just how much money has Daniel Snyder , owner of the redskins, spent buying talent. Talent alone usually not work.
    With the salary cap every player cannot be a big name stud. You just can't win without smart, hard nosed football players that put themselves in position to make plays, have the heart and desire to 'GET HER DONE".

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post

Dude! Where ya been young man!

Quote Originally Posted by pbatrucker View Post
    And just how much money has Daniel Snyder , owner of the redskins, spent buying talent. Talent alone usually not work.
    With the salary cap every player cannot be a big name stud. You just can't win without smart, hard nosed football players that put themselves in position to make plays, have the heart and desire to 'GET HER DONE".
    All of those things would fall under the catergory of talent. The ability to do your job well.

As for Snyder, I don't think that it is a big secret that he was getting players who's talent was vastly diminished, and got himself into cap trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    Dude! Where ya been young man!
    Been having ugly computer trouble. Nice to be back though.