Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fantasy Question (L. Johnson)

Default Fantasy Question (L. Johnson)

Hey guys. In the interest of full disclosure, I am a Saints fan. Which I hope means that you are agnostic toward me--as opposed to having Raiders/Broncos fan level hate.

Anyway, I'm finishing up my fantasy roster, and I am trying to figure out who to put in my 3rdRB/Flex spot. I have it down to Derrick Ward (Tampa Bay) or Larry Johnson.

The sense I get from the national media is that Johnson is still the nominal starter in KC, but (1) he may never get back the step he lost over the last couple of years (2) the O-line needs a lot of help, and (3) he probably does not fit the new offense and so may not see as many plays on the field as in the past.

Now, that's all just guesses and speculation by national people who don't know much of anything. I figure that you guys will have the best read on the situation.

What does Johnson look like this season? Thoughts? And, for week 1, would you start him or one of Tampa's 3 headed monster at RB?

Thanks for your insight and help.
    Last edited by albionmoonlight; 09-08-2009 at 10:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by captainamerica View Post
    Actually I would probably go with LJ this week if I were you after all. Ward's not even listed as the Bucs starter (Cadillac is).
    LJ is the last guy to rush for 100 yards against the Ravens, and that was in 2006... I think he's lucky to get 50 this week. Bucs will run often this year because they have no QB.

That's a hard pick. I don't like Ward's crowded backfield, nor the fact that he's not a TD guy. That being said, it's LJ at Baltimore, and our OL is a work in progress. I'd pick LJ of the two, simply because he has the better chance at a TD, but it's a tough call.

LJ definitely has a better shot at TD (which is really what fantasy football is all about)...

WR's seem to be in high demand this year...that is my only weekness of my Fantasy team really...i had 1st pick of 10 teams and wound up starting P.Manning, A.Peterson, R.Grant (also have M.Lynch, L.MCoy the Wesbrook backup, and C.Taylor), R.Wayne, L.Moore, and L.Coles (also have K.Walter, and E.Bennett from CHI), and i also have the top rated DEF and TE with Witten and PIT...so yes, my receivers kinda blow but hey...if L.Moore and either Bennett or Walter (had him last year and he was awesome) do well, my team should be pretty stout...

I'm in a tough situation myself. I don't know whether to start LJ or Lendale White. Both have tough matchups (LJ vs. Ravens and Lendale vs. Steelers) so it's a tough decision.

Quote Originally Posted by captainamerica View Post
    I'm in a tough situation myself. I don't know whether to start LJ or Lendale White. Both have tough matchups (LJ vs. Ravens and Lendale vs. Steelers) so it's a tough decision.
    the #1 and #2 D's from last year. that's a bummer

Quote Originally Posted by AkChief49 View Post
    the #1 and #2 D's from last year. that's a bummer
    Tell me about it.

I'd go with LJ over anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by KristofLaw View Post
    I'd go with LJ over anyone.
    I wouldnt take him over AP or turner but i think hes right there with the rest.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12