Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Down on Hailey and Pioli WHY?

Default Down on Hailey and Pioli WHY?

OK so I have Noticed that after the First game of the season many fans are one of two mindsets. A. despite the loss you are sort of encouraged by what you saw from the team. Or B. You have decided that Scott Pioli and Todd Hailey are horrible and have failed in there jobs. To the people who are in the B area why lets look at what we have seen so far from the new management of the chiefs.

First the Chiefs while losing games yes are not just sitting pat. Even yesterday you saw the Chiefs make a signing of a WR an area of need. That if nothing else is an improvement from the past few seasons. Pioli and Hailey will not take failure and that is a good thing.

To those who say all Pioli has done is sign former Pats Players that is a step up from what the chiefs have. Add to that that it is really the safe thing for Pioli to do. You have to go with players that you KNOW can get the job done. Yes the Pats let them go but the Pats are in a much better position then the chiefs at this point so just because they were let go by the Pats does NOT mean that they can not help the chiefs in some way.

Now for Hailey. Yes he has not won a game yet as a head coach but look at what he has. He came into a Bad football team. Did anyone in there right mind RELAY think that the Chiefs could Win in Baltimore. Hailey did pretty much all he could do as a head coach. He coached his team to be in a position to win the game the Chiefs were tied late in the game at 24. Yes he did not wow anyone with the play calling but i will say again that he was in a bad spot. Not having the guy YOU have chosen to be your starter at QB of course you are going to tone things down.

Simply put while the Chiefs have not won a game including the preseason the signs are if anything good for the chiefs. There has defiantly been a change in the way that the chiefs go about things. Pioli has proved that he will continue to do anything that he can to help this team at anytime. Even after the season has began. Its still a wait and see on both but I don't see why many have already given up on the pair of Scoot Pioli and Todd Hailey. Its far to early for that.

nah... let's get herm back... :sign0010:

(don't hang me, im kidding)

Seriously, tho. I agree with your post.
    Thanks for all the yards, TDs, and memories, Priest!

Quote Originally Posted by m0ef0e View Post
    nah... let's get herm back... :sign0010:

(don't hang me, im kidding)

Seriously, tho. I agree with your post.
    GET HIM lol

I agree with your post mostly...But the thing is that I am in another category (lets call it Category C)..I think I am one of the few (at least from what I have read here) that would be in Category C, so I do agree most seem to be A or B....But just in case there are any other C's out there...

I think you left out a category so I will describe it:

Category C

I am not encouraged by much that I saw on the field on Sunday, so I can't be in category A really. Also, I haven't at all decided Pioli and Hailey are horrible, or even Bad...In fact I am very excited to have them as our new Staff...So I cannot be in Category B...

Therefore in my mind, Category C people are those who realize that we got rid of 30 players from the 53 man roster and that this is a work in progress, and absolutely another building season. Category C People know that we will not be 8-8, this WILL be a losing season. Category C people are not blaming Croyle, nor are they Blaming Pioli or Hailey just yet, but that we just do not have the talent to be winning a ton of football games this year. This is evidenced by the fact that of the 30 people on the roster last season who are no longer on the roster, only something like 2 of them found employment in the NFL this season...and one was Tony G. Category C people are willing to give Hailey and Pioli the rest of this season and the draft and next off season to make even more changes, but beyond that our patience will be tested.

In short, Category C people welcome Pioli and Hailey and are still excited and hopeful that in 1-2 seasons this team can be a winner, but are disappointed by the poor showing of the team on Sunday against the Ravens...and disappointed by the lousy showing in pre-season as well by especially the o-line.

I am Category C.

Category C people sound very level-headed and realistic.

I tend to be a huge homer so I'm gonna have to go with A tho... lol
    Thanks for all the yards, TDs, and memories, Priest!

anybody who thinks they can judge pioli and haley from one offseason and one regular season game is truly an idiot.i think the team is headed in the right direction.more discipline and in better shape.i also noticed croyle showed alot more emotion after losing sunday than he did all of last year wich tells me the players actualy care.that is a good thing

I think most of the people in the B category already had made up their minds that they didn't like Haley.

Quote Originally Posted by KC Maniac View Post
    I agree with your post mostly...But the thing is that I am in another category (lets call it Category C)..I think I am one of the few (at least from what I have read here) that would be in Category C, so I do agree most seem to be A or B....But just in case there are any other C's out there...

I think you left out a category so I will describe it:

Category C

I am not encouraged by much that I saw on the field on Sunday, so I can't be in category A really. Also, I haven't at all decided Pioli and Hailey are horrible, or even Bad...In fact I am very excited to have them as our new Staff...So I cannot be in Category B...

Therefore in my mind, Category C people are those who realize that we got rid of 30 players from the 53 man roster and that this is a work in progress, and absolutely another building season. Category C People know that we will not be 8-8, this WILL be a losing season. Category C people are not blaming Croyle, nor are they Blaming Pioli or Hailey just yet, but that we just do not have the talent to be winning a ton of football games this year. This is evidenced by the fact that of the 30 people on the roster last season who are no longer on the roster, only something like 2 of them found employment in the NFL this season...and one was Tony G. Category C people are willing to give Hailey and Pioli the rest of this season and the draft and next off season to make even more changes, but beyond that our patience will be tested.

In short, Category C people welcome Pioli and Hailey and are still excited and hopeful that in 1-2 seasons this team can be a winner, but are disappointed by the poor showing of the team on Sunday against the Ravens...and disappointed by the lousy showing in pre-season as well by especially the o-line.

I am Category C.
    Category C is at the point the category i am in as well. I am encourged by the direction that i have seen from the chiefs but loseing is still loseing. Untill we see the Chiefs win we wont no that hailey and pioli are a good fit for the chiefs. I just dont understand the people who have given up after 1 real game. Hopefuly in the next couple years everyone is in A and the Chiefs will be at the top of the league GO CHIEFS!!!!

I can see why people could be excited with the Haley and Pioli. I'm convinced that getting Pioli was a good move. For me however, although I am not super down on Haley, I am not encouraged either.

I think that getting rid of your offensive coordinator right before the season starts is not the best of moves. Particularly as a new head coach.

I am also not excited to see he started Croyle rather than Thigpen. I don't like Croyle as a leader ... or a player either.

Haley is the coach. He's probably forgotten more football than I'll ever know. All I'm hoping right now is that beat the Raiders ... twice ... by a lot.

I'm a category C fella, too. I'm not too worried yet.

But CapitalT, he started Croyle because, frankly, Thigpen stunk the joint up in pre-season, and Cassell needed a bit more time to make sure the knee was 100%.

And I think we can all agree that what's most important is smashing the Raiders every time we face them.

jb

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast