Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Chiefs working out Veteran T Jon Runyan

Default Chiefs working out Veteran T Jon Runyan

Biggs: Source says Chiefs checking out Runyan | National Football Post

do you guys think he has enough left to help out the Chiefs?

Quote Originally Posted by Vandelay View Post

ha ha ha aha ha hahaha

He is a very good football player, and at a position of dire need.

I am betting that we will sign him, and he will be taking over immediately. Likely to not be listed as the starter for game one. But only injury will keep this guy off the field.

I will be thrilled.

At 2 pm yesterday Runyon had not been spotted in town.

Quote Originally Posted by pbatrucker View Post
    At 2 pm yesterday Runyon had not been spotted in town.
    Well take "point" and watch for him.

Quote Originally Posted by tbone8801 View Post
    about 2 months 2 late! thanks pioli!
    Hey, Thank Herm Edwards. He is the one who killed the offensive line. There is only so much a team can fix in one year. Pioli is trying to fix the team through the draft instead of band aids. Pioli thought they could get by with what they had for one year. Unlike Herm, they realized that this is not the case and they are diligently looking to fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    Hey, Thank Herm Edwards. He is the one who killed the offensive line. There is only so much a team can fix in one year. Pioli is trying to fix the team through the draft instead of band aids. Pioli thought they could get by with what they had for one year. Unlike Herm, they realized that this is not the case and they are diligently looking to fix it.

This...

Rep!

I have to hand it to the Pioli/Haley regime. If they see a major problem, they try to fix it immediately. There's not a doubt in my mind that had Herm/Carl still been around that Damian McIntosh would have started every game this season at RT.

I was a little upset that the offensive line wasn't addressed more in the offseason, but I'm glad that it is now.

Pioli was on 810 this morning. They specifcally asked if they are going to persue Runyan. He siad they worked him out gave him a physical and will continue working with his agent, but John was also going to persue other options. He said the door is not closed, but it isn't kicked wide open either.

betwwen lost and nowhere,southcentral ks.

He will only come here if he thinks he`ll start. And with us thats a great possablity. I think it will come down to does he want to play for a 4-12 team or above 500 team in his mind.
    i can remember what a chief super bowl team looks like! ......

Illinois... No longer .. Finally back home Blue Springs MO

The more I hear I am not sure I want this guy. I also don't know that the Chiefs will want him. Here's why.

1. Just coming off of surgery. A surgery that has a medium to low success percentage.

2. At best he has a year or two left. I maybe wrong but I don't think so.

3. I have heard he is all about competition, that is great but he has said (or at least others have said about him) that he wants to start and isn't interested in helping any of the younger guys.
    This is the main reason I am not interested, and I don't think if true that Haley will be either, I know all about win now but if he isn't interested in bringing up and mentoring the younger guys then what help would he be to THIS team. If someone is a RT away from the Super Bowl you take him, otherwise you save the money for a veteran who may not be as solid but is willing to help coach the younger guys so they are solid in a year or so.

And last, We just got O'Callahan If we didn't think he was any good then why even pick him up. I know the team is desperate but I don't think this spot is so desperate that they have to go out and get a me person for one year. I just don't know how much that helps.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast