Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Derrick Johnson???

Right now in Ft polk but moving up to Ft Lewis soon and cant wait.

Question Derrick Johnson???

So am I seeing this right Derrick is third string? Did I miss something during the preseason for him to move down?

Quote Originally Posted by josh1971 View Post
    Taking a portion of DJ's quote:

Yes, time to start winning so that he can command big money now that his contract is going to be up.

Sad.

jb
    No matter what he would have said about the last year of his contract, you would have turned it into this. Come on man. Stop. Winning has nothing do to do with him getting more money, especially if he isnt involved in the winning (playing.)

This is a very humble quote from Derrick. The fact that he only cares about winning, while being asked about the starting lineup, shows good character, not bad character like you suggested.

CLICK HERE! FOR MY TWITTER PAGE

Illinois... No longer .. Finally back home Blue Springs MO

Quote Originally Posted by Big Daddy Tek View Post
    No matter what he would have said about the last year of his contract, you would have turned it into this. Come on man. Stop. Winning has nothing do to do with him getting more money, especially if he isnt involved in the winning (playing.)

This is a very humble quote from Derrick. The fact that he only cares about winning, while being asked about the starting lineup, shows good character, not bad character like you suggested.
    Wow your on a roll tonight, Rep again.

I actually thought he would do good going to the 3-4, with his size and speed. But I guess moving into the MLB postion is going to take some time getting use to his new role.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Daddy Tek View Post

I'm sorry- do you know me? I wouldn't have turned it into that no matter what he said, but he said that they need to start winning, because this is the last year of his contract. That doesn't sound like a guy who is going to ask for a lot more money if they start winning a lot more?

To suggest that these are noble warriors who don't at the very least have one eye on the prize (meaning money) shows some naivete on your part.

I don't think he has bad character, but he does have to be part businessman, and we live in an era in pro sports where these guys have to focus on the game, but are very interested in playing the game where they can have the most success, both on the field and at the bank. Ahem- Tony Gonzales.

DJ is a good linebacker- I can't wait to see him play this year and I think the way our D played in the pre-season, they could keep us in some games. I hope we win a ton, and DJ gets a bazillion dollar contract, but to ascribe this sense of nobility to him that would suggest he isn't aware that lots of winning in a contract year wouldn't be profitable to him is selling short his ability as a businessman.

And just so ya know, Big Daddy? I'm usually in agreement with you, and have a very positive outlook on the team- so please don't immediately assume I'm some kind of detractor or nay-sayer about the Chiefs.

jb

Too me I get he is saying we need to turn the corner and start winning or he will be looking for somewhere else to play after this year. So if we dont start winning, the front office could offer him a huge contract that he'll turn down and go shopping around for a team that can compete.

johnson is na stud and will be starting

Quote Originally Posted by josh1971 View Post
    I'm sorry- do you know me? I wouldn't have turned it into that no matter what he said, but he said that they need to start winning, because this is the last year of his contract. That doesn't sound like a guy who is going to ask for a lot more money if they start winning a lot more?

To suggest that these are noble warriors who don't at the very least have one eye on the prize (meaning money) shows some naivete on your part.

I don't think he has bad character, but he does have to be part businessman, and we live in an era in pro sports where these guys have to focus on the game, but are very interested in playing the game where they can have the most success, both on the field and at the bank. Ahem- Tony Gonzales.

DJ is a good linebacker- I can't wait to see him play this year and I think the way our D played in the pre-season, they could keep us in some games. I hope we win a ton, and DJ gets a bazillion dollar contract, but to ascribe this sense of nobility to him that would suggest he isn't aware that lots of winning in a contract year wouldn't be profitable to him is selling short his ability as a businessman.

And just so ya know, Big Daddy? I'm usually in agreement with you, and have a very positive outlook on the team- so please don't immediately assume I'm some kind of detractor or nay-sayer about the Chiefs.

jb
    Just stating my opinion VS. what I thought you were implying. I meant no offense, it looks like some was taken. My apology.

I wanted to make sure that DJ's quote wasn't taken as an overall money issue when clearly the focus is on winning right now. It's very obvious that these guys dont do this for free and performance in the final year of a contract is crucial. You have no argument here.

Unfortunatly the statement that you put out there looked like a quick slam to a guy talking about winning, with not much thought going into it. Thats obviously not the case, have a good one Josh.

CLICK HERE! FOR MY TWITTER PAGE

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12