Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: positives about going into Baltimore

Default positives about going into Baltimore

Well guys just a few days away tillkick off to 2009.
    We can say for sure that our defense is playing way better then last year. We have potentially our "franchise" QB starting.We have not allowed a run over 8yds in 4 pre seasons games. We have actually sacked 2-3 times a game (wow).
    As far as offense goes we are in some deep doo doo. Our punt and kick off return teams suck ars again this year and i don't know why since our defense is better????

Well to top everything of we are undefeated in Baltimaore lifetime..

Things are defently better then they were a year ago. With The Ravens not haveing a offense that sets the world on fire this is not a bad team for the Chiefs to open against. Cant wait for the game. GO CHIEFS!!!!

Illinois... No longer .. Finally back home Blue Springs MO

Positives on the Baltimore game.

I am positive that we are going to play Baltimore.

I am also positive that no matter how many believe it there is a chance this team (or any other team for that matter) can beat Baltimore. If the outcome was known ... they would call it Pro Wrestling.

I am positive that we will put a team on the field and it will consist of a QB, a RB, a WR, a O-Line, and a Defense among others. Also these are ALL NFL caliber individuals with a lot of talent. There are no losers on this team, just sometimes the individuals will have less natural talent or they will have a better or worse game.

If they are not top quality NFL players then NFL will stand for Not For Long. I believe very firmly that Haley will make sure of it.

No matter what the outcome of the game .... life will go on and the world will keep turning.

Last but not least.

I am positive I am a CHIEFS FAN, and no amount of losing can take that away.

From a Steelers fan I hope you all beat the ratbirds in the most awful way............I hope you all win like 45 to 3

Anyway after tonight I will be pulling for you all this weekend.

I think we have a lot of positives coming into Sunday's game- mostly the attitude that has come with the new GM/Coach.

Our team is better conditioned- lighter and stronger than last season.

We have, despite what some maintain, addressed some problems on the O-line, to the point where we don't have McIntosh, Barry Richardson, or Adrian Jones in there. I think the Albert-Waters-Niswanger-Goff part of the line is ok, and that we need to get one more guy in there that can solidify it. With O'Callaghan, Ndukwe, Alleman, and possibly Runyon as depth, it could be ok.

Larry Johnson and Jamaal Charles have been running really well (despite Jamaal's fumbling), and we have another tough kid in Dantrell Savage in there.

We are getting to the QB more, which is nice, and overall, the moves we made in the offseason seem to have nicely shored up our defense.

We have a kicker with a good leg, and still have the best punter in the league (in my opinion).

Now, as to the QB situation and how the receiving corps will do? We'll see.

I think our only chance at winning this game is to take the early lead and force the Ravens to throw. Flacco is a good, game managing QB, but he doesn't have the skills or the receivers yet to win many shootouts. Plus, if we can get the Ravens passing, we have a pretty decent chance of forcing a couple turnovers.

If the Ravens are able to run most plays, we'll be in big trouble, simply because our front seven is either too young or too old to be on the field 35-40 minutes.

Gonna be a really tough game... I think the Ravens will be one of the best teams again this season. Scariest defense in the league, especially when they're wearing their black jerseys. Steelers D is better, but they don't have Ray Lewis staring at you every play. Scariest player in the league even if he's not as good as he used to be.

Remember last year about those BAD Patriots, they were favored to pretty much destroy us. We kept in there. The Ravens have an OK offense, but their deal is their Defense. If we can create turnovers and keep ours to a min, I can see us prevailing on Sunday.

The QB just needs to keep his eye out for Ed Reed and the line protecting the qb and most things should be good.

COME ON CHIEFS!!!
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post
    I think our only chance at winning this game is to take the early lead and force the Ravens to throw. Flacco is a good, game managing QB, but he doesn't have the skills or the receivers yet to win many shootouts. Plus, if we can get the Ravens passing, we have a pretty decent chance of forcing a couple turnovers.

If the Ravens are able to run most plays, we'll be in big trouble, simply because our front seven is either too young or too old to be on the field 35-40 minutes.
    True- but then, it's true of most games that if your opponents can run the ball well against you, you're in trouble.

I want a win, but if we lose, I want us to have at least been competitive, and be able to take something positive into week 2.

jb

You guys are forgetting we have the element of surprise....its going to take BAL all half and hopefully more if Haley and his staff really mix things up just to figure out what were trying to do on defense and offense...i think that really bodes well for giving us an opportunity that if we can score points early, we may have a shot at this one...ive been saying it all along i think we match up well against the Ravens...always have.

If Cassel starts, he needs to get in the groove early and we win this game...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast