Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What was the Greatest game you watched?

Right now in Ft polk but moving up to Ft Lewis soon and cant wait.

Post What was the Greatest game you watched?

Just wanted to see what everyone has to say.

Mine would have to be 1994 Chiefs/9ers, Montana/Young match up and we were big underdogs.
    Young was sacked by DT for a safety, that was a great game.

I'm not a big KU fan, but I would rate their win against Memphis for the 2008 NCAA championship one of the best games I've seen.

Right now in Ft polk but moving up to Ft Lewis soon and cant wait.

Ok maybe I should have said "What's the greatest KC Chiefs game you have ever watched". Thought everyone got that when I posted the ? on here. lol

I have seen so many games I can't even begin to think of the greatest game. The first one that really pops to my mind is in 04' Falcons at Chiefs. 56-10, with an NFL record of 8 rushing TD's, 4 by Priest and 4 by Blaylock. Held Vike to like 30 yards passing and 30 yards rushing.

Another that pops into my mind is when Dick was in his last year of coaching back in 05'. We were playing the raiders and we were down by 4. Some how we got to the 3 yard line with like 10 seconds to go. Dick elected to go for the win...he went all out. Sent out the team onto the field and called a dive play and we scored to win.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Well, it must be the greatest game I ever watched, cause whenever someone asks that question the same game comes to mind. I took my 8 yr old grandson, it was his first game at Arrowhead. I'm drawing a blank as to the year...maybe 3 seasons ago?...same game Neil Smith was inducted into the Chiefs HOF. Hank Jr was there to participate in his induction, and also sang a bit of 'Are You Ready For Some Football!'...so that was cool too.

It was really cold, 4th quarter tied up, and looked like we'd go into OT...but Tynes kicked a record setting long FG in the last seconds of the game for the win! That was the loudest I'd heard Arrowhead in quite a while, hahaha. It was AWESOME!!

I think what makes it the greatest is because it was my grandson's first, & he experienced the ultimate overall...induction of a Chief into their HOF, Hank Jr. on the field singing live, a tense last minute win, the loud crowd with the win, haha. His eyes got so big when the crowd roared, it almost scared him I think, lol...he put his hands over his ears. He talked about how loud the crowd was for days, more than anything else, haha.

Oh, and he's ALL BOY! Loves the Cheerleaders too! LOL
    Last edited by Connie Jo; 09-10-2009 at 08:22 PM.

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

ok the best Chiefs game I've seen would be when I got the chance to see them play and beat the raiders at Arrowhead.

The "94" game with the Donks in Denver.

montana TD beat the donks..enough said

Montana beating the Donks and the 49ers but nothing beats the SUPER BOWL win!

Quote Originally Posted by josh1971 View Post
    Chiefs in Denver in 1994- Marty's mile high curse, Elway's comeback magic, and Joe Cool gave KC one of the best game endings ever.

That was 94, right?

jb
    Yes, on Monday Night Football. Believe it or not, I was at this game. At THE OLD MILE HIGH. THAT PLACE WAS SOOOO LOUD!!!! AND THEN it was sooo quiet. HAHAHA! Too bad Donkeys!
    Last edited by Big Daddy Tek; 09-10-2009 at 11:17 PM.

CLICK HERE! FOR MY TWITTER PAGE

It would have to be the first football game I ever saw. Chiefs/Oilers from either late 89 or early 90.

This was the one where Steve DeBerg broke his finger so badly the bone was sticking out not long before the half... and the game had playoff implications for KC if I remember right; I think that if we won we secured a playoff spot.

Anyway, DeBerg comes back in the second half with a ridiculously huge cast around his finger and leads the team to a W and a playoff berth.

My family tuned in when Steve was getting his finger looked at, right after the play, and I haven't missed a Chiefs game since.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast