Been hearing alot of rumors as of late, and even a couple 3 way trades involving our QB, Brady Quinn (weis connection) and the Broncos and it got me thinkin..I know this is a touchy subject with some, but I have to share my opinion...

I like Cassel, but I dont see him as our QBOTF. Last year towards the end of the season, everyone picked up their game on the offense. We were playing some pretty decent games. We got Bowe back and our WRs stepped up big time, the o-line stepped up big time with Wade Smith, BA and O'Cally looking very impressive and JC really stepped his game up and cut out most of his fumbles...Cassel is the only one we didnt see improve even with and improved line and better running game. I know some will still lay all blame on the "atrocious o-line" and our WRs, but you cant deny that we got better at those positions in the later part of the season. Its in the tape.

Bash me, or criticize me if you will, but I am only telling you what I see and hear. I am one for giving one time to develop, and I understand how that works, but this is his 7th year in the league, and the ceiling cant be too much higher for him at this point in his career. I think it was also one reason we front loaded the hell out of his contract. #1 we have the cap room now to absorb that kind of hit and #2 I think that they thought after a year or so that they would have their own hand picked coaching staff in there, which we do now. And everyone knows, the coaches are going to want their guy. With the state of the NFL cap this year, and how much we are under the cap I dont think its out of the question that Cassel could be traded. Plus Brodie is a FA and Haley really likes Brodie too...Personally I would like to keep Cassel for one more year unless we get offered something fantastic for him, but I dont think the idea id as farfetched as some might think....opinions?