From Bob Gretz:
| No Comments
From the Truman Sports Complex
DL Shaun Smith said Wednesday that he has filed an appeal on the $10,000 fine slapped on him by the NFL for an incident during the game with the 49ers back on September 26th.
Smith was hit with the discipline for allegedly grabbing the crotch of OT Anthony Davis.
“I’m appealing it right now,” said Smith. “I got my (pay) check the other day and everything was fine. I’m just waiting to see what happens.”
Generally an appeal provides little relief on punishment for actions during a game. The fines are handed down by executive vice-president for football operations Ray Anderson.
“This is my first time getting fined,” said Smith. “I just know from other guys that you should appeal it through your agent. Ten grand is a lot of money. It’s unfortunate, but it is what it is.”
Smith said he’s not concerned about becoming a marked man for opposing offensive linemen or the officials. “I’m just trying to get better and help this team keep winning games,” said Smith. “I’m not worried about that other stuff.”