Thread: A few observations and questions

Hybrid View

Yeah Pressure was my only disappointment to that game.

Before the game, I mentioned the Key to winning was to put pressure on Rivers, and frustrate him. He get's flustered, starts yelling at his team, and can't lead the offense....

We didn't get good pressure on him until very late in the game. If we could have rattled him early, and continued to all 4 qtrs (like last years Monday night game), we could have put that game away long before overtime.

We did a lot of really good things (I agree that I am impressed with Lewis's Play recently as well, and DJ is just becoming a Beast) But I do have to say that we almost gave that game away. We came out strong, and then let them hang around, and it almost bit us in the butt. Thank you to Rivers, gift wrapping us a highly unlikely turnover, or we would have lost that game.

I am glad to see us show flashes here and there, throughout the games, but we will have to start putting it together for an entire game. Not just parts of it. When we get to the stretch of GB, PIT, NE, CHI, and NY we wont be able to let those teams hang around... They don't make the stupid mistakes that Oakland and San Diego do, so we will need to be on the top of our game.

I am confident we will get a few wins in that stretch, but I am just hoping we can put it all together for an entire game, not just the 1st qtr, or the 2nd half, an entire game.

Quote Originally Posted by Jrudi View Post
    But I do have to say that we almost gave that game away. We came out strong, and then let them hang around, and it almost bit us in the butt.

We have to remember this is phillip Rivers. As much as we dislike or hate him he is one of the top quarterbacks in the NFL. When he is on his game he can be unstopable as he showed last night. Cassel also played at the top of his game, he played smart and had Great accuracy. They were on the 15 yard line, shoulda kicked it, game over but Norv Turner chose to keep going. Thank you Norv and Rivers. But in the end in overtime it was the defense, Cassel and the Chiefs as a whole who won this game. And it was freaking AWESOME!