In another thread the following statement was made.....

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster
I hear what you're saying, but still believe that the O-line needs to be addressed first. I think that the best QB in the world behind a mediocre front line will, himself, look mediocre or worse. However, even a QB with marginal talent can be successful behind a good O-line.
And that really focussed my mind on the whole issue Cassel vs Orton and what kind of QB we need to run our offense.

We saw last year that Cassel can make a perfectly acceptable QB in a run oriented offense. I think we also saw that when we get into a game where the opponent's defense shuts down our running game Cassel does not seem to be the kind of gunslinger that goes out and saves your butt.

In the GB game Orton appeared more comfortable than Cassel would be in a situation where the QB was expected to be the primary means of moving the ball.

In the Raider game when it came time for that last minute drive to try to break the tie Orton again appeared to be more comfortable in a situation where the game was riding on his arm.

Call it the "game manager" vs the "gunslinger".....

And this provoked a question in my mind.....assuming we will continue to be a run oriented team on offense, and that we'll make some serious effort in the off season to upgrade our O-Line, would we be better served by a "game manager" at QB or by a "gunslinger"?

Like to hear your alls thoughts on the philosophy of what kind of QB will be better to have behind center next year and why?