Time to talk about that 10,000 pound beast sitting over there in the corner.....How good are our Chiefs this year??

So 4 games in we are 2-2.

We should have POUNDED the Titans. They suck.

If we had caught a break we'd have beaten the donkeys in donkeyland.

We whupped up on the fish and the splats. Combined score for those 2 games....75-29.

All in all, I think we are about where most of us expected to be at this point. Maybe the optimists amongst us expected 3-1.....the pessimists 1-3. But I think most of us pretty much figured we'd be about 2-2 right now. And I think most of us figured the season for somewhere between 7-9 and 9-7. Maybe if we were lucky 10-6. Even proangler probably figured we'd be at least 1-3 at this point.

But we lost to the Titans and we pounded the splats. Who'd have figured that???

So how good or bad are we?

I suspect we are going to get a pretty damned good idea about that on Sunday. Truth be told I think the game against SF is going to tell us if we are a serious contender this year. If we beat the 9ers then I think we are a legitimate contender for the playoffs this year. If we don't then I think that a 7-9 to 9-7 record is where we are headed this year. In other words, a perfect example of "parity". Excuse me while puke.

So.....Are we going to beat SF on Sunday and become contenders or are we going to sink into a morass of "parity"?

I ask that question because I think that is the elephant in the room. Yeah.....that 10,000 pound mofo over there in the corner.

Somehow by this time last week I "knew" we were going to beat the the splats. Dunno why.....just "felt it in my bones". This week my bones are sleeping and they aren't telling me a damned thing. One minute I think we are going to kick some 9er butt, the next my outlook is less bright.

So guys....since my bones are "on strike", what do you guys think? What's gonna happen Sunday? And why do you think that? Are your bones talking to you? Or do you have concrete reasons for your prediction?

Let's hear it guys! I don't like going into a game without having a "feeling" about what is going to happen.