Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Chase Daniel?

Default Chase Daniel?

Ok this has been debated since well as far back as I can remember. It's the QB spot. I see many want to bench Alex and turn the keys over to Daniel and I just don't understand this.

I've been called out for "defending" QBS or "making excuses" for them many times in the past. So maybe this is just a thing I don't understand. But I think it's time people face facts. There are "excuses" and then there are factors that need to be addressed.

Here are the facts

The number 1 WR this team has given QBS got away from Alex. He has had 1 catch for (a preseason catch) 8 yards in a full preseason and 4 full games of a real season. He was inactive with no injury. The number 2s that started along side him Donnie Avery and AJ Jenkins can't even get on a team. NOT EVEN A PRACTICE SQUAD as far as I can see. Let me put this in perspective. 2 teams in the last year have been willing to give up something to bring in MATT CASSEL.And the WR spot has been good enough?

Meanwhile we brought in Maclin and Maclin is doing pretty well. We have a rookie that has some upside but there's a reason he wasn't a 1st rounder. He was going to take some time if he was a Impact guy right away he would have gone in round 1

Our O lines through the years haven't been much better. Outside of Hudson can anyone name me any O linemen who has gone on and did well elsewhere? Albert went to the Dolphins and did what he did in KC got on the injured list. This is good enough?

I don't mean to start yet anther debate about Alex Smith. Nor do I mean to imply that a fair amount of the criticisms on him are not fair. Fact is they are and I've been willing to say them. He does hold on to the ball to long and if the o line doesn't start well he can let that get to him. That being said seeing the amount of times we've changed QBS my question and the point of this thread is Why would benching Alex and going to Chase be any different?

I guess there is the good old you never no until you try and that's true. But is there any other reason that I should think that this would be a move that would make any more of a difference with the current OFFENSIVE line that we have? I just don't see it making much of an impact.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

I believe Chase will do the same as Alex. Just my opinion

i think its the playcalling. they know they will blitz us. we do first slant of the year and maclin makes a big play.. slants when we had bowe were unstoppable.. why not use it more for a better wr

Smith is making stupid decisions this year and gets paid alot of money to do so. Bring chase in see what happens this offense is pathetic. And maybe a step back would be a good thing for smith to recooperate

What if Chase is worse or does the same as Alex?? I'm actually hoping that's what happens

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefs4life24 View Post
    What if Chase is worse or does the same as Alex?? I'm actually hoping that's what happens
    As a chiefs fan that's pretty bad to hope that. Putting a player (smith)over the team don't you ever get tired of trying to defend him

Look smith is broken. Look into the 49ers sack stats when there backups played they dropped. Put that with the fact smith has never had a 1000 yard wr. Look at the garbage record he set with us no td to a wr. HE HOLDS ONTO THE BALL WAY TO DAMN LONG mix that with a weak o line AND OUR SEASON IS OVER

Quote Originally Posted by slc chief View Post
    Look smith is broken. Look into the 49ers sack stats when there backups played they dropped. Put that with the fact smith has never had a 1000 yard wr. Look at the garbage record he set with us no td to a wr. HE HOLDS ONTO THE BALL WAY TO DAMN LONG mix that with a weak o line AND OUR SEASON IS OVER
    To me that says more about the WRs The RBS and TEs got TDs from the same QB
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by Almighty chief View Post
    i think its the playcalling. they know they will blitz us. we do first slant of the year and maclin makes a big play.. slants when we had bowe were unstoppable.. why not use it more for a better wr
    I think playcalling is far more a part of it then what some want to think. They are just so damn predictable. I can sit here an pretty much call what the play is going to be before it happens and be right more often then wrong. If I can do that you can be sure that NFL coaches going up against them are.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefs4life24 View Post
    Not sure why you would hope that. If they were to make the change I would hope that Chase shows me that this time is different I just don't see it happening. I see it being the same as any other QB change that we've made.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

i forsee a mark vlasic syndrome coming soon...

have your starter fake an injury, bring in the number two, and if he fails, then the fans are to blame.
    Originally from Tonganoxie, KS.

Happily married in Australia!!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast