Ok this has been debated since well as far back as I can remember. It's the QB spot. I see many want to bench Alex and turn the keys over to Daniel and I just don't understand this.

I've been called out for "defending" QBS or "making excuses" for them many times in the past. So maybe this is just a thing I don't understand. But I think it's time people face facts. There are "excuses" and then there are factors that need to be addressed.

Here are the facts

The number 1 WR this team has given QBS got away from Alex. He has had 1 catch for (a preseason catch) 8 yards in a full preseason and 4 full games of a real season. He was inactive with no injury. The number 2s that started along side him Donnie Avery and AJ Jenkins can't even get on a team. NOT EVEN A PRACTICE SQUAD as far as I can see. Let me put this in perspective. 2 teams in the last year have been willing to give up something to bring in MATT CASSEL.And the WR spot has been good enough?

Meanwhile we brought in Maclin and Maclin is doing pretty well. We have a rookie that has some upside but there's a reason he wasn't a 1st rounder. He was going to take some time if he was a Impact guy right away he would have gone in round 1

Our O lines through the years haven't been much better. Outside of Hudson can anyone name me any O linemen who has gone on and did well elsewhere? Albert went to the Dolphins and did what he did in KC got on the injured list. This is good enough?

I don't mean to start yet anther debate about Alex Smith. Nor do I mean to imply that a fair amount of the criticisms on him are not fair. Fact is they are and I've been willing to say them. He does hold on to the ball to long and if the o line doesn't start well he can let that get to him. That being said seeing the amount of times we've changed QBS my question and the point of this thread is Why would benching Alex and going to Chase be any different?

I guess there is the good old you never no until you try and that's true. But is there any other reason that I should think that this would be a move that would make any more of a difference with the current OFFENSIVE line that we have? I just don't see it making much of an impact.