Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Maybe Herms not the answer, but Dick Vermeil left us in shambles!

Default Maybe Herms not the answer, but Dick Vermeil left us in shambles!

Dick Vermeil was one of the worst things that ever happened to this franchise. Herm Edwards didnt kill that offense. Roaf retired, then Shields retired, Trent Greens head bounced of the turf like a basketball. Dick left Herm with the oldest team in the NFL and the worst defense in the NFL. Dick is responsible for some of the worst drafts that the Chiefs have ever had and thier is only a handfull of those players that are still in the NFL today. The Chiefs had 2 Options: Build through free agency or build through the draft. For 15 years they built through free agency. They ended up with Herm Edwards who just happened to be the guy in charge of scouting for all of those years in the 90's that we all so fondly remember. Whether you like Herms coaching or not (I dont right now) you cant deny the fact that he knows how to evaluate players. The chiefs made the decision to rebuild and because of where Dick left us, we had to start from the ground up. Carl and Dick put together an old team with a small window and that window is closed. Move on, because it will be awhile before it opens again!

CLICK HERE! FOR MY TWITTER PAGE

Quote Originally Posted by chief addict View Post
    I can't believe people are knocking Dick Vermiel. I don't think I've ever seen more exciting Chiefs football since I've been watching them. He had a lot of bust draft picks, but was a much better coach than Herm will ever be.
    I agree completely. Rep.
    Thanks for all the yards, TDs, and memories, Priest!

exciting? sure, the offense was great. i can't say i enjoyed seeing a team put up the offensive numbers the chiefs used to and still losing often, though. or STILL never having a single reason to be excited for january.

Quote Originally Posted by teamcool68 View Post
    exciting? sure, the offense was great. i can't say i enjoyed seeing a team put up the offensive numbers the chiefs used to and still losing often, though. or STILL never having a single reason to be excited for january.
    As a season ticket holder we we went into every game thinking we could win under DV. It was exciting. Now we go into every game hoping for a win. Yeah, I didn't like losing a close one becuase our defense failed in the 4th quarter. But I really hate watching Herms team fail in the first drive, and then have to endure crap the rest of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    As a season ticket holder we we went into every game thinking we could win under DV. It was exciting. Now we go into every game hoping for a win. Yeah, I didn't like losing a close one becuase our defense failed in the 4th quarter. But I really hate watching Herms team fail in the first drive, and then have to endure crap the rest of the game.
    That has nothing to do with the fact that Dick left us in bad shape.

CLICK HERE! FOR MY TWITTER PAGE

He did get left with an old team, and he and Carl made it worst. It's not either/or. You build through both free agency and the draft. I don't think you run out and find a great player with 2 years left and sign him, but I also don't think you put your entire future in the hand of all draft picks. Half those guys won't make it anyway, but lets say they do. Let's say they are all really good players, then what? in 3 to 4 years when they finally become productive, they are all up for free agency at the same time, and no money to sign them all, so you start dealing them for more draft picks. You can't build a winning team solely through a couple years of big draft picks. But that's not even the real point; You could hand Herm the Colts, and he'd have them with ther tail between their legs in 2 months. He can find good talent, he just can't coach them! A team takes on the personality of it's coach, and that's not the personality that's going to motivate a team to dominate. We can end this argument now, because it's pointless, we see it differently. I think they had a big hill to climb, and made some very bad decisions along the way.

betwwen lost and nowhere,southcentral ks.

while going young is good,we went to young. 30 mil under the cap, we should have spent some of it.A tleast with dickies teams we always seemed in it. Hermmies teams always seemed out,
    i can remember what a chief super bowl team looks like! ......

Quote Originally Posted by wolfpack View Post
    while going young is good,we went to young. 30 mil under the cap, we should have spent some of it.A tleast with dickies teams we always seemed in it. Hermmies teams always seemed out,
    true, and we could always think we could win even if down by 2 or 3 scores! But cp should have been looking and finding replacement players for Will and Willi.

Quote Originally Posted by iwubmychiefs View Post
    the dumbest decision the chiefs made was spending all of their money on LJ. That is money that we can never get back.
    Agreed. We could learn something from Shanahan in that respect.
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    true, and we could always think we could win even if down by 2 or 3 scores! But cp should have been looking and finding replacement players for Will and Willi.
    Yep. OL got real old real quick, and then they were gone. CP's shortsightness is inexcusable...
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    Agreed. We could learn something from Shanahan in that respect.
    Ouch that hurts!!!!!!!! The only way I would like that donkey stinking coach, is if he was totally
    :character00264: Cleaned of :character00109::piss::character0074:immunized and then :character00129:rLight: converted to a :character0013:
    Chiefs fan! Then maybe!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast