Quote Originally Posted by Big Daddy Tek View Post
Another issue with throwing out tons of money to free agents because there will be no cap next year, is that there will eventually be a cap again. I think Pioli wants to be ahead of the curve in that situation. Another thing that has not been pointed out is that Pioli is looking at the BIG picture. He knows that we have alot of money under the cap and has stated more than once that he is looking at the Chiefs of 2010 and 2011. With that said, maybe he doesnt like the value in this years free agent class and wants to reserve the money for next year. Maybe he just needs to see what we actually have under Haley coaching before he makes to many personnel changes. Whatever it is, we know one thing for sure. Pioli does NOT rush decisions, everything is drawn out and no risks are taken. This time next year, Pioli / Haley will know exactly what they have and what they need and that is when I see the Chiefs as a major player in free agency, player trading and pick trading.
Well, Scott Pioli is very good at saving money (well he was at New England) so I wouldn't worry.