Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Still willing to defend Cassel?

Default Still willing to defend Cassel?

I'm sick and tired of seeing this every week. I thought he was average, but now, I'm not so sure. We're not winning a game the rest of the year unless we luck into an upset.

Oh well.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

Whats Haley gonna say at this news conference - that its his fault - again???
    This regime decided to draft playmakers and speed. But what they failed to realize is that without NFL caliber offensive and defensive lines - these playmakers can't do squat.
    OOPS.
    AGAIN.
    These blunderous mistakes start at the top.
    Last edited by Bike; 11-13-2011 at 11:08 PM.
    SHUT IT

Haley should take the blame for this one. We had momentum going in our favor early in the fourth quarter, got into a 4th & 4 yards situation, ten minutes to go on the clock...and the dinkle-dufus HC makes them kick it.

Cassel might not be the next Joe Montana, but he's good for four yards, even with this O-line.

I do not see Haley staying head coach for very long unless he starts taking some chances when there's nothing to lose. And accepting responsibility without making changes is not the path to job security...

I can't lay this loss totally at the Cassel's feet.

I will respectfully dissent. The team played poorly, including Cassel at times. Had he had any help, he would have looked and played better. Both O and D line have collapsed, again. No QB or receivers will be able to play with any consistency behind this O line. Haley needs to figure out a stop gap quickly, or the season will get really bad from here on. We still have the skill guys, including Cassel, to make something of this season. Without a decent line, it won't happen. BTW, the D line was actually pretty good most game. I really should make that distinction. If they had a few sustained drives from our offense, they would have been fine.

Quote Originally Posted by 70 chiefsfan70 View Post
    THIS!!!!!!
    WRONG!!!!! They were terrible last year, which is why Manning has a serious neck injury. Manning is the best QB of this generation and rare. No other QB could have got that pathetic team to the playoffs last year. If you want a Manning-caliber QB, we might as well disband the team now. He is a freak of nature and made a bad team win and is like catching lightening in a bottle. Now, good QB's, like Brees and Brady AND Cassel can take a good team and make them better. But Cassel and the others mentioned have to have a decent team around them. It doesn't make them bad, it makes them normal in the NFL world.

Meeeh!!!
    It's silly to say that this one is on Cassel. I don't think he can win games by himself, but he wasn't the main problem yesterday. O-line and ILB where major problems.
    4 dropped passes, 4 sacks and a lot of hurries and knock downs may tell you that an average or an above average QB won't win a game like that.
    I really would like to have an elite QB, but those are not likely to grow on trees or you can buy in a grocery store. We are pretty much stuck on him. Unless someone like Montana miraculously hit free agency or Stanzi becomes Brady.
    The best Chilean fan.
    Follow me on twitter @ChileanChief

cassel is not a great QB but this loss is mainly on the O line, defense, coaching and recievers. you cannot leave a third string rb and a qb who went 2-6 beat you.
    Official Chiefs Crowd Historian

Lineman. The offensive and defensive lines lost this game
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

I will be honest, Matt Cassel is disappointing me this year. He has shown streaks of greatness and then looked like a bumbling GrbacII. I think it is his first season getting beat up every snap haunting him and the OL that this year has been there one game and non-existent the next. I still think he has the ability to be an elite QB, but he must mature beyond his nervous, deer-in-the-headlights performances that are getting too common. He needs help to get there. But I firmly believe he can be that good. What I think about is that this guy never was a starter in college or the NFL until he got here to KC. I think that is why he has some maturing to do.

Quote Originally Posted by azchiefsfan View Post
    I will be honest, Matt Cassel is disappointing me this year. He has shown streaks of greatness and then looked like a bumbling GrbacII. I think it is his first season getting beat up every snap haunting him and the OL that this year has been there one game and non-existent the next. I still think he has the ability to be an elite QB, but he must mature beyond his nervous, deer-in-the-headlights performances that are getting too common. He needs help to get there. But I firmly believe he can be that good. What I think about is that this guy never was a starter in college or the NFL until he got here to KC. I think that is why he has some maturing to do.
    I'll admit that some of my posts yesterday had a little extra ire for Cassel. After reading that he left the stadium with his right hand wrapped, another place said it could be his shoulder, etc I'm willing to give his inaccurate passes a wee bit of a pass. Not much but more so saying I get it, you're injured and not throwing your best passes.

However, throwing bullets at receivers that should be lofts and the reverse is inexcusable. Not only that but say the line is horrible. The guy is 31, he's regressed from last year (even putting the line aside). As much as we want him to be the savior, QB of the future or whatever we want to call him he's going to have to be a stop gap. My thought is that he'll be kept til his contract is up and then let go. At that point we'll have got another QB to step in that we think will be the guy moving forward.

Makes me wonder if Pioli brought Cassel in and said look. You're not going to have a good career here. You're going to get beat down, forced to throw bad passes, hurried and more. But we have a ton of cap room so I'll throw you a monster contract knowing that after this contract your career will be over but you'll have a ton of money. I know it's not because of that or that it went that way but ya gotta wonder! lol

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast