Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: So much for that "Poison Pill" rule! Talk about overpaid!!!!!!!

Default So much for that "Poison Pill" rule! Talk about overpaid!!!!!!!

Sources: Chiefs agree to send franchise player Allen to Vikes

After The Rush

The Vikings better hope that Jared Allen doesn't suffer the same fate as every other sack champion recently. They have all posted fewer sacks the year after winning the crown.

YearPlayer, TeamSacksNext year2007Jared Allen, KC15.5?2006Shawne
    Merriman, SD1712.52005Derrick
    Burgess, OAK16112004Dwight
    Freeney, IND16112003Michael
    Strahan, NYG18.542002Jason
    Taylor, MIA18.5132001Michael
    Strahan, NYG22.5112000La'Roi
    Glover, NO178
    Jared Allen, the franchise player for the Kansas City Chiefs, is heading to a new franchise, the Minnesota Vikings, according to multiple sources.
    Late Tuesday night, the Chiefs and the Vikings reached an agreement on a trade package, and at roughly the same time, Allen reached an agreement in principle on a contract with the Vikings. Upon reaching the contract agreement, Allen headed to the airport and left for Minnesota.
    The Kansas City Star reported on Tuesday night that Allen agreed to one of the largest contracts for a defensive player -- six years for almost $74 million with more than $31 million guaranteed.
    Sources said the Vikings included a second third-round pick (No. 73) in the 2008 draft to get the deal done. They had been offering a No. 1 pick (17th in the first round) and a No. 3 (No. 82). The teams also swapped spots in the sixth round with the Vikings getting a better spot in the sixth round, sources said.

Allen, a fourth-year defensive end out of Idaho State, led the league in sacks last season with 15½.

The Chiefs, who are trying to get younger, now have the fifth pick in the first round and presumably the Vikings pick, which is the 17th. Allen had made it clear to the Chiefs that he wouldn't sign a long-term deal with the team.

Now, the Chiefs can use the fifth pick in the first round to find a pass-rushing replacement, either Vernon Gholston of Ohio State or Chris Long of Virginia.

Given Carl's track record I can't say that I'm surprised here; angry - yes, surprised - no.

Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    Bring back Printers, we need a QB that can run, for his life!

I think we can get some really good O lineman in this draft, I'm not too worried about next year!

http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post

I think we can get some really good O lineman in this draft, I'm not too worried about next year!

yeah me neither....

its THIS YEAR im worried about...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by anaeelbackwards View Post
    yeah me neither....

its THIS YEAR im worried about...
    You know that I meant this year smarty pants, and here's yer beer!

http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

You know that I meant this year smarty pants, and here's yer beer!

you know i just like yankin yer chain err now and then.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by anaeelbackwards View Post
    you know i just like yankin yer chain err now and then.
    ...Something about you and HH we all should, or maybe shouldn't, know about???

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    ...Something about you and HH we all should, or maybe shouldn't, know about???

...Thought so.

JA will definitely make a huge impact on the Vikes defense - I think they will be one of the best defenses in the league but I don't think it will take them to the big game. Their offense really sucks with TJack as quarterback. The only offensive power they have is Peterson.
    www.AAASportsMemorabilia.com
    Home of Great Sports Memorabilia

Quote Originally Posted by peekaboo224 View Post
    JA will definitely make a huge impact on the Vikes defense - I think they will be one of the best defenses in the league but I don't think it will take them to the big game. Their offense really sucks with TJack as quarterback. The only offensive power they have is Peterson.
    I think you are exactly right in your assessment.

I also apologize again for the insult the other day.

Again, I thought you were someone else, and it was a case of mistaken identity.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast