Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Foles

Default Foles

Just wanted to get the Nick Foles talk going. I don't think that people outside of Philadelphia realize just how good this kid is. There's an assumption that because he was a 3rd round pick who played for a bad team (unlike Wilson, who was lucky enough to play for a good team) that he's just a typical 3rd round pick - no big deal. This couldn't be further from the truth. Nick Foles is BETTER than ANY QB in this draft! If you could get him from Philly for a 3rd round pick (which is the rumor, with Kelly looking for more mobile QBs) it would be a STEAL and you would have your franchise QB of the future.

A few numbers (provided by Reuben Frank of csnphilly.com and Les Bowen of philly.com). Nick Foles is the ONLY rookie QB in NFL HISTORY to throw for more than 240 yards/game AND complete over 60% of his passes. Only one EVER! For people who say they saw him throw interceptions, he ranks 2nd ALL TIME in fewest interceptions per pass attempt for an NFL rookie. EVER! He's ranked 5th all time in rookie completion percentage behind four QBs who played on teams that mostly ran, and third all time in total yards per game behind QBs he had better QB ratings than and higher completion percentages than. He had a higher QB rating last year than Andrew Luck and many other highly regarded NFL QBs.

A poll was taken by Comcast Philly asking, "Who should the Eagles starting QB be next year?" Amongst the people who watched him play, 48% said, "Nick Foles, 24% said "Michael Vick" and 25% said "some one else". This from the fan base of a team that also has a very high draft pick (#4 overall) and even more cap space than the Chiefs to find their QB. And btw, it's also notoriously the most negative and impossible to please fan base, and they love the dude.

There's a huge movement in KC to reach for a QB #1 just because you can. This guy is better than any QB in the draft and you can get him for much less. When and if Reid/Dorsey decide to trade for Foles, and I suspect they will because they're bright guys, do NOT be disappointed.

The thing is Reid knows what kind of a QB he is and if he wants him I am sure he will try to get him. If we do get him I will be happy because of that fact.

Quote Originally Posted by N TX Dave View Post
    The thing is Reid knows what kind of a QB he is and if he wants him I am sure he will try to get him. If we do get him I will be happy because of that fact.
    Exactly, I trust Reid's decision on Foles and where we draft a QB.

If the Chiefs landed Foles for a 3rd round pick, I'd feel so much better about this franchise and the direction it will be taken in the future. I agree that Foles is better than any QB in this draft. If a gun was against my head and they told me to pick a QB from this draft class or Nick Foles with the #1 pick, I'd take Foles. If the Chiefs could get him for a 3rd round pick, they'd be sittin pretty in my opinion. The best thing that could happen for the Chiefs is if the Albert injury was just a fluke and he's dependable for the next 5 or so years and they could somehow sign him to a middle of the road, long-term deal. Then, they could grab Foles for a 3rd rounder and still have their first two picks to play with.

There don't seem to be too many, if any, elite players in this draft. This class is just loaded with a bunch of good athletes. If I were in that front office, I'd be urging the team to try and turn their first two picks into as many picks in the top 70 as they could get. I'd try to trade down from #1 overall as many times as I could while picking up 2nd round picks the whole way down. I'd love to turn 2 picks in the top 34 into at least 6 picks in the top 60. Can you imagine the excitement if the team came away from the first 2 rounds with a haul that could include Matt Barkley, Eric Reid, Keenan Allen, Zach Ertz, Sam Montgomery, and Xavier Rhodes?? QB, S, WR, TE, DE, and CB all within the first two rounds.

If the Chiefs use the value they currently possess and turn it into multiple players instead of just a pair, we could be looking at a draft like the one that brought us Dorsey, Albert, Flowers, Carr, and Charles. Of those 5 players, the one that helped this franchise the least was the one taken in the top 5 overall. I'd like to see the Chiefs bring in a pair of QB's to compete for the starting spot. If Bowe walks, we're gonna need another WR. Dorsey is gone. Jackson should be cut if he won't restructure, so we'll need AT LEAST one DE. We already need a CB. Boss and Moeaki don't seem like long-term solutions at TE to me and there's no doubt we need safety help. 2 picks in the first 2 rounds aren't going to produce 6 starters unless we trade around a little.

I don't see the Eagles giving up Foles after only giving Vick a one year contract. Plus, Kelly even said he plans on them competing.

A fourth is the most I would give up for him but I would bet they would want at least a 2nd and there is no way I would pay that.
    THAT quarterback is NOT a Pro Bowl quarterback. Never was and never will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Guru View Post
    I don't see the Eagles giving up Foles after only giving Vick a one year contract. Plus, Kelly even said he plans on them competing.

A fourth is the most I would give up for him but I would bet they would want at least a 2nd and there is no way I would pay that.
    Yeah, if we were going to give up a second round pick then I would expect us to make a play on Alex Smith.

Quote Originally Posted by chiefster View Post
    yeah, if we were going to give up a second round pick then i would expect us to make a play on alex smith.
    noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
    THAT quarterback is NOT a Pro Bowl quarterback. Never was and never will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Guru View Post
    noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

I would take Foles over Alex Smith in a heartbeat. He's younger, with much more upside, and Smith was a disaster until the last two years when he just simply had so many great players around him, it became much easier to QB that team. Even with all that having been said, Smith led the league in sacks per pass play over the last two years, which doesn't get reflected in his QB rating, and that's behind a very good offensive line with probowl guys on it.

This thing about "I would only give up a 4th for him." Why?!?!? You don't believe that KC needs a QB? Or you don't think that getting a young franchise QB is worth more than a 4th round pick? Why would you only give up a 4th round pick and no more? It's a huge area of need, this guy is a stud, he's young and honestly, a 3rd round pick really isn't that much to give up.

As far as Chip Kelly saying that he's keeping him, of course he's going to say that. When you're trying to drive up a player's stock in order to trade him, that's what you say.

As far as, the Eagles would probably want at least a 2nd. I'm sure they would, but they don't have that much leverage either. The trend in the NFL is toward running QBs and Foles is not one of them. But he does work GREAT in an Andy Reid offense. He doesn't fit the Chip Kelly offense. They need to unload him. As far as drawing interest around the league from other teams, there may be some, but not to the extent that there would be from the Chiefs. After McNabb, Kolb and Feeley all bombed after being traded for 2nd round picks, teams are going to be hesitant to trade a 2nd for a guy who Andy Reid made look good. That having been said, Foles is MUCH better than Kolb, lightyears better than Feeley and certainly better than McNabb at the point in time that he was traded. Plus I'm sure that the Eagles would prefer to trade him out of conference, and the breakup between Reid and Lurie was very amicable. I bet KC could get him for a 3rd, and that would be the steal of a lifetime.

Question. Is Foles even on the trading block or is this pure hypothetical speculation. If Foles is better than anyone in this draft, Why would Philly trade him? From what I have seen so far, people talking about trading for Foles is all KC speculations of people trying to tie QB's they may want back with possible connections to Reid or Dorsey.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast