Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Screw you Refs

Default Screw you Refs

Never before have I seen the refs, single-handedly, cause a loss. The holding on Hali that wasn't called on the TD run, the RIDICULOUS pass interference on Flowers, when he was CLEARLY pushed. You gotta be kidding me.

I think I missed another one, but I'm so fumed right now that I can't remember it! Just unbelievable.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    Yep, tough to win when the D gives up 28 second half points. Holding one of those drives to a FG at least gets us to OT.

They put up a stat that houston leads the league in 4th quarter points, i was just thinking thanks for sticking that little tidbit up there.

I just finally got to watch the last of the game. You guys complaining about the refs, you have no argument. maybe that was a blown call, maybe not, either way, we had other chances to stop these guys and we failed.

Think about 3rd and 10 and we let them get 11. How about letting Shaub stand in the backfield and wait until a guy gets open in the end zone? We can't get one guy in there to put some pressure on him?

Oh and how about Cassel messing up two routine throws that would have extended our time with the ball between Houston scoring drives? Throw behind Bowe and over throw a wide open Horne?

No, we lost our minds in the 4th quarter, both the defense and offense got outplayed in the last 9 minutes of the game. The referee had very little part in the game, but it's easier to get mad at the refs than realize that we got our butts handed to us.

Better luck next week!

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

I don't understand how anyone can possibly argue that bad calls didn't have an effect on this game, when it was a game that was extremely close and was decided by only 4 points (which were scored during the last few seconds of the game). Poor officiating directly effected this game. If the refs wouldn't have called that bogus false start penalty when we were going for it on 4th and would've instead made the proper call (which was defensive neutral zone infraction) we would've gotten a 1st down and could've possibly scored on that drive. That directly changed the outcome of the game in my opinion.

If the ref would've made the right call on the PI and penalized the offense, that would've set them up in a 2nd and long or 3rd and long (I forget which down it was) situation and would've greatly increased the chances of us stopping them or at least holding them to a FG. That poor call directly effected the game. I don't see how that can even be debated. We had to not only play a great team in the Texans during this game, but we also had to play against the refs. Those odds against a team like the Texans in their stadium aren't very good. Anyway you look at it, the refs should be ashamed of theirselves. We were robbed!

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    I just finally got to watch the last of the game. You guys complaining about the refs, you have no argument. maybe that was a blown call, maybe not, either way, we had other chances to stop these guys and we failed.

Think about 3rd and 10 and we let them get 11. How about letting Shaub stand in the backfield and wait until a guy gets open in the end zone? We can't get one guy in there to put some pressure on him?

Oh and how about Cassel messing up two routine throws that would have extended our time with the ball between Houston scoring drives? Throw behind Bowe and over throw a wide open Horne?

No, we lost our minds in the 4th quarter, both the defense and offense got outplayed in the last 9 minutes of the game. The referee had very little part in the game, but it's easier to get mad at the refs than realize that we got our butts handed to us.

Better luck next week!
    It's called the Texans have a good offense. I fully expected this to be a hard game on the defense and it was. If you give Schaub time, it doesn't matter if you have 20 defensive backs, he'll hit the open guy. I didn't see us blitz a lot, but I think we should've.

And I'm as big of Cassel hater as there is, but you absolutely can't put ANY blame on him. I'm not even going to listen to that argument. In the end, we faced a Texan team with a killer offense, and we couldn't stop them. The same thing happened to the Colts.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Three7s View Post
    It's called the Texans have a good offense. I fully expected this to be a hard game on the defense and it was. If you give Schaub time, it doesn't matter if you have 20 defensive backs, he'll hit the open guy. I didn't see us blitz a lot, but I think we should've.

And I'm as big of Cassel hater as there is, but you absolutely can't put ANY blame on him. I'm not even going to listen to that argument. In the end, we faced a Texan team with a killer offense, and we couldn't stop them. The same thing happened to the Colts.
    I am not down on Cassel for the loss, we all know what we have in him, I think he played one heck of a good game today.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Quote Originally Posted by Three7s View Post
    Never before have I seen the refs, single-handedly, cause a loss. The holding on Hali that wasn't called on the TD run, the RIDICULOUS pass interference on Flowers, when he was CLEARLY pushed. You gotta be kidding me.

I think I missed another one, but I'm so fumed right now that I can't remember it! Just unbelievable.
    Nuff Said :(

Quote Originally Posted by captainamerica View Post
    I don't understand how anyone can possibly argue that bad calls didn't have an effect on this game, when it was a game that was extremely close and was decided by only 4 points (which were scored during the last few seconds of the game). Poor officiating directly effected this game. If the refs wouldn't have called that bogus false start penalty when we were going for it on 4th and would've instead made the proper call (which was defensive neutral zone infraction) we would've gotten a 1st down and could've possibly scored on that drive. That directly changed the outcome of the game in my opinion.

If the ref would've made the right call on the PI and penalized the offense, that would've set them up in a 2nd and long or 3rd and long (I forget which down it was) situation and would've greatly increased the chances of us stopping them or at least holding them to a FG. That poor call directly effected the game. I don't see how that can even be debated. We had to not only play a great team in the Texans during this game, but we also had to play against the refs. Those odds against a team like the Texans in their stadium aren't very good. Anyway you look at it, the refs should be ashamed of theirselves. We were robbed!
    How could you not see that Waters moved first on that false start penalty? They showed it like 5 times.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    How could you not see that Waters moved first on that false start penalty? They showed it like 5 times.

It was brandon albert not htat it matters.

Didn't get a chance to see the game(thankfully), but you can't blame the refs when our defense gives up 35 points. We aren't going to win many games giving up that many points.

Quote Originally Posted by melted ice View Post
    Didn't get a chance to see the game(thankfully), but you can't blame the refs when our defense gives up 35 points. We aren't going to win many games giving up that many points.
    You're right, I knew it was #76 and for some reason Waters popped into my head. But I agree with you, 28 second half points!! What the hell?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast