View Poll Results: What are the chances we go get RG3?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • Very Likely

1 2.56%
  • Likely

1 2.56%
  • 50-50

3 7.69%
  • Unlikely

17 43.59%
  • Very Unlikely

17 43.59%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Chances of RG3 ending up with KC

Default Chances of RG3 ending up with KC

Yep another poll. What do you think the chance is that KC will trade up to get RG3?

Quote Originally Posted by whackojacko58 View Post
    st louis is going to shop the pick early so they know where there siting in the draft and build there board from there, i find it interesting rg3 brought up talking to us, personally id be fine with a first second and first next year, weve never had a franchise qb he would be electric plus smart, and yes we need oline but were solid everywhere else just need to create back up which we can do in free agency and with all our other picks.
    I do like the idea of going after Griffin better than the idea of going after Manning, but there are other teams who will be able to offer higher draft picks than we can. I think we would have to throw in one of our really good players to sweeten the deal and that might just be too much to give up for him. We are a lot closer to competing for a deep play-off run than Cleveland and Washington are. How much would this set us back?
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

Quote Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post
    I do like the idea of going after Griffin better than the idea of going after Manning, but there are other teams who will be able to offer higher draft picks than we can. I think we would have to throw in one of our really good players to sweeten the deal and that might just be too much to give up for him. We are a lot closer to competing for a deep play-off run than Cleveland and Washington are. How much would this set us back?
    Exactly. We'd probably have to give up our 1st, next years 1st, Dorsey or someone comparable and maybe even next years 2nd. Is that paying out the nose, absolutely! But other teams are bidding too and STL is just going to take the highest bid. It's another reason why I like the guy, wish we could get him but the cost is too steep. I would call it a Phyrric victory.

I'm just going to offer my opinion on RGIII.

I don't think he's going to be the real deal.

Right now they are comparing him to Cam Newton, but I don't see how that's possible. They may look alike, but I got a heavy dose of watching Cam Newton in 2010 (most Auburn games are televised down here along with Alabama, since that's our states two teams) and I can tell you, he was the real deal, and RGIII is not.

I don't watch a whole lot of teams outside the SEC, but I thought he was overrated as hell. They didn't even finish in the top 10 rankings, and he got all those big stats blowing out crappy teams, where Newton was pitted against some of the best teams in the country and managed to beat them.

Newton beat Alabama (defending Champions that year) after their defense had shut him out the first half, he also beat LSU who was pretty good for 2010, and he beat South Carolina (second best team in the SEC that year) and he played a lot tougher defenses than Griffin.

I don't believe Griffin played a single top 10 defense all year, and when they were pitted against better teams, they got blown out. They let Texas A&M blow them out by 55 points, and A&M wasn't even a winning team, and then Oklahoma State had a field day of scoring against them.

Everyone said Cam Newton was going to be a bust last year because he emerged out of no where, but he proved everyone wrong and I had a feeling he would do it, because in Auburn he was proving everyone wrong when he was beating top ranked teams all year.

Griffin may have won the Heisman but I am not sold on him. I hope the Chiefs don't waste anything trying to get him, I'd go with Orton before I go with him.

Quote Originally Posted by TecmoNightmare View Post
    I'm just going to offer my opinion on RGIII.

...<snip>...

I don't believe Griffin played a single top 10 defense all year, and when they were pitted against better teams, they got blown out. They let Texas A&M blow them out by 55 points, and A&M wasn't even a winning team, and then Oklahoma State had a field day of scoring against them.

...<snip>...

Griffin may have won the Heisman but I am not sold on him. I hope the Chiefs don't waste anything trying to get him, I'd go with Orton before I go with him.
    I'm not sure that's entirely accurate.

They lost to #3 Oklahoma State, beat #5 Oklahoma and #14 TCU, lost to #21 Texas A&M (who went 7-6; 5 of their 6 losses were to top 25 ranked teams) and beat #22 Texas. They went 10-3, including their Alamo Bowl win.

The only unranked (at the time) team they lost to was Kansas State (at K-State) who finished the season ranked 15th, just 2 spots below them. I'm a huge Wildcats fan and I watched that game, of course. The only reason Baylor lost was because the 'Cats wore down their defense in the 4th quarter and they couldn't stop the run.

Still Griffin completed 23/31 passes for 346 yards, 5 TDs and only 1 INT. Not too shabby! His ability to run the ball was a non-factor against K-State's stout run defense (12 carries for 6 yds). That does lead me to question how well he would scramble against NFL caliber defenses, but there is no question that his passing skills are excellent.

I do agree that the comparisons to Newton are unwarranted and not really fair. He is much smaller than Newton (6'2" 220 vs 6'5" 255) which leads to concerns about his durability.

But RGIII is a good pocket passer already, while Newton didn't really show that ability until he got into the pros. He can run with the ball when he has to, but he will go through his progressions first. He's different from Michael Vick and Vince Young in that regard, as well.

I think he is better than you give him credit for, but maybe he won't be as good as Newton. We will really have to wait until this fall to find out.

Oh, and welcome to ChiefsCrowd.com. I see you are already posting a lot. That's great. Stay active.
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123