Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: This is why I hate the Tony Gonzalez Trade!

After reading through those trades it looks as though in most cases the team getting the picks actually came out on the better end of the deal in the long run. It gave them an advantage in building a strong foundation for thier future. A few picks worked out for both parties which is what I expect from our trade w/Atlanta. I know it sucks that Tony is gone and he was your hero, but tomorrow is another day and you will find a new favorite Chief, trust me.

Anyone knows that TG is gonna have a positive impact for the Falcons. The only question is, how will we fair with our draft pick?

By trading TG, did we get more cap room for this year?

Quote Originally Posted by ktmrider View Post
    After reading through those trades it looks as though in most cases the team getting the picks actually came out on the better end of the deal in the long run. It gave them an advantage in building a strong foundation for thier future. A few picks worked out for both parties which is what I expect from our trade w/Atlanta. I know it sucks that Tony is gone and he was your hero, but tomorrow is another day and you will find a new favorite Chief, trust me.
    One thing you may consider is that even though you hate it when your favorite player leaves, keep it into perspective: The players are in it for the money and we are in it as a fan. Believe me, they will get over very quickly and move along. So, if you remember that, it makes a difference. That is why I said that if TG really "loved" KC, he would have stayed and he could have stayed.
    Last edited by dbolan; 05-04-2009 at 09:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dbolan View Post
    One thing you may consider is that even though you hate it when your favorite player leaves, keep it into perspective: The players are in it for the money and we are in it as a fan. Believe me, they will get over very quickly and move along. So, if you remember that, it makes a difference. That is why I said that if TG really "loved" KC, he would have stayed and he could have stayed.
    Another thing to consider is that Tony has spent twelve years in the league, all of them with KC and has no Championship ring to show for it. Tony, being at the end of his career, wants a shot at a SB and probably feels that Atlanta is a team primed to contend for it. I believe him when he says that he wants to go into the HOF as a Chief.

Do we have to have a title like that? I suggest a change in the title, or else!

With that being said, I think Tony might have 1 good year, being this year, and he will probably start to decline.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Quote Originally Posted by honda522 View Post
    Do we have to have a title like that? I suggest a change in the title, or else!

With that being said, I think Tony might have 1 good year, being this year, and he will probably start to decline.

What's wrong with the title?

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    What's wrong with the title?
    You know what......I didn't see the word trade at the end.

I only saw, This is why I hate the Tony Gonzalez Thread. I saw Trade but read thread. I am alittle dyslexic.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Quote Originally Posted by honda522 View Post
    You know what......I didn't see the word trade at the end.

I only saw, This is why I hate the Tony Gonzalez Thread. I saw Trade but read thread. I am alittle dyslexic.

No problem; m'I a elttil cixelsyd oot.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    Another thing to consider is that Tony has spent twelve years in the league, all of them with KC and has no Championship ring to show for it. Tony, being at the end of his career, wants a shot at a SB and probably feels that Atlanta is a team primed to contend for it. I believe him when he says that he wants to go into the HOF as a Chief.
    Yeah, but it's kinda like joining a bandwagon team. I am a Chiefs fan and there will be no championship for me until the Chiefs win it. I am not going to like another team next year because they might win a championship. I would not be anywhere near as fulfilling as if the Chiefs won. I think Tony will be surprisingly disappointed if he win with ATL because it is not with KC.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast