Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Game 10 thoughts/rant about the WR core

Default Game 10 thoughts/rant about the WR core

The good
    The chiefs didn't get blown out like many thought

Alex Smith played well overall

The defense made a number of stops held manning to 1 passing td

The bad

Our WR core It sucks. You can call me negitive but I'm just calling it like I see it. This is not a one night bad night thing. This has been something that has happened all year long. It was what largely cost the Chiefs the ball game. They couldn't get open. And to me something that I'm starting to see more and more of with them if they don't get open right away they just stop and start watching Alex. That's not going to get the job done. Quiting on the play is just not going to work. If this WR core can't get their together this team isn't going to head anywhere. Again you can call me negitive all you want but that's just how I fell about the WRS on this team right now. They just are NOT getting the job done. People will bash Alex but he CAN NOT catch the ball for these guys. That's not his job. Alex misses some throws yes every QB does just like every team has drops but this team has way to many drops and it's costing the offense like they did tonight. I'm growing tired of this. This team is so close to being able to compete for a title but the WRS are slacking off on the job and they don't seem to care.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by KCRaised13 View Post
    I find it really hard to use the term "rebuilding", when your team was 9-0. Sounds "rebuilt" to me
    Sorry, but it is NOT rebuilt. Anybody can clearly see that it's still a work in progress. 9-0 is great, but that doesn't etch in stone that the Chiefs are a totally rebuilt and finished product by any stretch of the imagination. They aren't, and anyone thinking otherwise is only kidding themselves. If they were, then they probably would have won last nights game, going away.

I find it really hard to use the term "rebuilding", when your team was 9-0. Sounds "rebuilt" to me. Just my opinion
    But that irony is what's sweet about this year. We ARE 9-1, but we are actually in a rebuilding process.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Sorry, but it is NOT rebuilt. Anybody can clearly see that it's still a work in progress. 9-0 is great, but that doesn't etch in stone that the Chiefs are a totally rebuilt and finished product by any stretch of the imagination. They aren't, and anyone thinking otherwise is only kidding themselves. If they were, then they probably would have won last nights game, going away.
    Not saying to call it good as it sits. You can always build better. I'm sure Denver could build even better. You're always building. This team could finish 13-3 regular season. That sounds more like refining, than rebuilding

I'm not impressed by Alex Smith. He looked nervous as hell and saw on more than one occasion, when he felt pressure behind him that wasn't even there. He was panicky. What do you see as his restriction to not throwing downfield this season? No confidence in his accuracy or conservative coach play calling?
    Off subject alittle but curious

Where's that "awesome" pass rush?

WR can't catch

Alex Smith needs to read the defense better and not stare down throws

Sean smith wasn't burned....so thats good

Other corners got burnt

WHY IS KC NOT RUNNING THE BALL MORE WITH SHERMAN BLOCKING INFRONT OF JAMAAL

Quote Originally Posted by Frankenchief View Post
    But that irony is what's sweet about this year. We ARE 9-1, but we are actually in a rebuilding process.
    Not saying to call it good as it sits. You can always build better. I'm sure Denver could build even better. You're always building. This team could finish 13-3 regular season. That sounds more like refining, than rebuilding
    KCRaised13,

There you have it nicely illustrated by Frankenchief. They still are rebuilding. The pieces aren't all in place yet. There's still more work to be done & one has to remember that the Chiefs will be facing the NFC West and the AFC East next year and this teams Offense is going to have to be a LOT better or it's going to be a miserable season.

I feel like people have been saying "KC is rebuilding" for the past 9 years

Nobody has mentioned how Marcus Cooper was routinely targeted and abused last night. Before the game, if you would have told me that the Chiefs would not win the turnover battle and would never touch Peyton, I would have told you that there was no way the Chiefs would win the game. And we didn't. Simple as that. If Sherman doesn't turn the ball right back over and if the Chiefs would have gotten pressure on Peyton, we would have been in the game.

Our strategy this year has been to win the field position battle by playing great defense, creating turnovers, and Colquitt pinning teams inside their 20. Our offense has stunk since week 2. Tonight the defense didn't win the turnover battle and Colquitt had his worst game this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    Nobody has mentioned how Marcus Cooper was routinely targeted and abused last night. Before the game, if you would have told me that the Chiefs would not win the turnover battle and would never touch Peyton, I would have told you that there was no way the Chiefs would win the game. And we didn't. Simple as that. If Sherman doesn't turn the ball right back over and if the Chiefs would have gotten pressure on Peyton, we would have been in the game.

Our strategy this year has been to win the field position battle by playing great defense, creating turnovers, and Colquitt pinning teams inside their 20. Our offense has stunk since week 2. Tonight the defense didn't win the turnover battle and Colquitt had his worst game this season.
    Ecspecially the Sherman fumble. Would've changed the whole dynamic of the game. Manning got 323 yds but he looked plenty mortal to me lastnight. Was it Berry that dropped the potential int? I forget. A couple things differently thats not out of line to expect, and this game wouldve been winnable.
    Last edited by KCRaised13; 11-18-2013 at 01:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post

I don't think Cooper really played that bad of a game. Yes he got beat deap, but it was not like he was no where around to be found. Peyton just hit the mark dead on. I mean he is a 7th round, rookie not even drafted by us. Where was the safety with deep help. He was even further away! That is what the Donkies do. They make even the best corners look average.

They started picking on Shawn Smith first, then they went to cooper and then they went to Flowers and then dumped off where the OLB was supposed to cover.

As much as you saw Welker on the ground from Flowers knocking him around which to me seemed to be some cheap shots. He still made plays against Flowers to get first downs. So why would we hold Cooper to a higher standard?

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast