Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Who wants the #1 pick????

Default Who wants the #1 pick????

ideal situation is for us to trade down, BUT who would want to trade up to #1? without a clear franchise QB or record breaking RB, or speed demon WR who would be the undisputed #1 overall pick that multiple teams would covet, and thus be willing to give us multiple picks to trade up for him?
    Official Chiefs Crowd Historian

Quote Originally Posted by LondonChief View Post
    I agree
    Matt flynn stinks. He got beat out by a rookie. Geno smith will be a chief next season.

Quote Originally Posted by drstandley31 View Post
    Keep the first pick and draft the best player available within our needs. There are better QB's available outside the draft this year. Flynn is an example. There's not a QB in the draft worth the #1 pick, so there's no reason to even talk about it.
    I'm tired of this team always looking for the next hot backup. I want one from the draft.

Quote Originally Posted by Guru View Post
    I'm tired of this team always looking for the next hot backup. I want one from the draft.
    There is not one worth the first or second over all pick. If there is a team that covets the top two picks which are predicted right now to be a LT and ILB. They will trade up. If no one trades up, I don't care what people say about drafting a QB regardless. You take the best player. There is more than one hole putting us in this position and drafting a Ray Lewis type of beast at ILB for years to come is better than reaching on a QB because fans don't care about the value as long as it a QB.

I Personally would like to take Manti Te'o to fill the void we have at ILB. Then trade up later in the first round to get true value at QB, or use that second and or third on another qb.

Fact of the matter any QB we draft this year will most likely not turn this team around like Luck or RG3 did. It will take time.

Yes, I know it sucks there is not a QB like Luck or or RG3 but reaching on a QB just because could set this team back for more years to come.

We won't have the first pick...Jax will!

Quote Originally Posted by LargoChief View Post
    We won't have the first pick...Jax will!
    Yes we still at this time have the 1st pick because our strength of schedule is lower.

1. Kansas City Chiefs - 2-10 (.507 SOS)
    2. Jacksonville Jaguars - 2-10 (.576 SOS)
    3. Oakland Raiders - 3-9 (.493 SOS)
    4. Philadelphia Eagles - 3-9 (.500 SOS)
    5. Carolina Panthers - 3-9 (.528 SOS)

Quote Originally Posted by N TX Dave View Post
    Yes we still at this time have the 1st pick because our strength of schedule is lower.

1. Kansas City Chiefs - 2-10 (.507 SOS)
    2. Jacksonville Jaguars - 2-10 (.576 SOS)
    3. Oakland Raiders - 3-9 (.493 SOS)
    4. Philadelphia Eagles - 3-9 (.500 SOS)
    5. Carolina Panthers - 3-9 (.528 SOS)
    I believe that was an optomistic approach saying we will win another game and Jax won't.

Quote Originally Posted by marloweopatchiefs View Post
    Matt flynn stinks. He got beat out by a rookie. Geno smith will be a chief next season.

matt flynn was beaten out by a rookie QB who is as of now considered a viable candidate for rookie of the year even against rgIII and luck. maybe flynn doesn't suck, maybe he just got beat out by a great qb in wilson. both espn and the nfl network have been arguing that wilson may be every bit as good as both luck and griffin.
    Official Chiefs Crowd Historian

Quote Originally Posted by chiefnut View Post
    matt flynn was beaten out by a rookie QB who is as of now considered a viable candidate for rookie of the year even against rgIII and luck. maybe flynn doesn't suck, maybe he just got beat out by a great qb in wilson. both espn and the nfl network have been arguing that wilson may be every bit as good as both luck and griffin.
    I don't see Seattle giving him up cheaply. I agree that Manti is a better pick. Imagine him with Hali, Houston, and Johnson. QB is a huge need but I am not sold on anyone high in the first.

Geno Smith will set himself apart throughout this offseason and combine. He will be the first player off the board in this years draft wether it's to our Chiefs or the Jaguars.

Don't forget that we need more than one QB. I think we can now safely say that Cassel and Quinn are not long term answers. Considering Stanzi has not been capable of even taking a snap, let alone beating out the two awful qb's in front of him I think you can also safely say Dtanzi is not the answer.

We need bare minimum two QB's! Why not draft Geno Smith and Matt Flynn. You need two viable qb's to be legit anyhow. Any Bears fan can tell you that.

My vote is to draft qb's early and often. I don't care if we draft a QB with every pick. How many of those 6th and 7th rd picks actually play anyway? Until we find a QB, the quality of our defense won't matter. The defense has played decent this year. How much did that help us?

There need to be 3-4 new qb's brought in to camp at a MINIMUM!!!!!!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast